Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
who decides dinner?
by Anonymous
May 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I'm a SAHM to three and expecting our 4th in approx 5 weeks. My dh works long hours outdoors so I get that he's exhausted and wants dinner on the table when he gets home. I TRY to do this for him however, he doesn't work a set schedule so he doesn't come home at the same time every evening...though I usually aim for about 5pm. I usually plan and have dinner made or get it delivered by this time every weeknight but on the weekends I EXPECT his input. He doesn't work weekends and he usually has his own opinions about what he wants or doesn't want.
Am I supposed to plan, cook, serve and clean up EVERY NIGHT?

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    Bump
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    Bump
  • SJG1013
    by SJG1013
    SJG
    May 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    We usually decide the day before together. If i want help I usually say well if i do this can you do that? Like if I fill the dishwasher will you wash the pots and pan?
  • SalemWitchChild
    May 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Yep I plan, cook and serve every night. Sometimes Dh will have an opinion on what he wants to eat, but thats rare.

• sadiebug1228
    May 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    In our house. Whoever cooks doesn't have to clean. Although I pitch in anyway lol my df isn't picky about food. Usually I have it ready when he gets home but sometimes I wait and ask him to help cook since I help clean
  • laranadtony
    May 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I decide in the end, Everyone else has an input.

• mommieof38829
    May 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    I do it all
  • DevinAnnesmom
    May 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    I plan out a weekly menu every Monday. It makes it easy if I just write down what we're having each night and then go shopping that day for the ingredients. I have dinner ready every evening at 6.
  • Kara242
    by Kara242
    May 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    I pick out dinner and cook it and my girls clean up and do dishs
  • Cassidysmom611
    May 19, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I choose the dinners, cook and serve them. DH does the dishes. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN