Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
who decides dinner?
by Anonymous
May 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I'm a SAHM to three and expecting our 4th in approx 5 weeks. My dh works long hours outdoors so I get that he's exhausted and wants dinner on the table when he gets home. I TRY to do this for him however, he doesn't work a set schedule so he doesn't come home at the same time every evening...though I usually aim for about 5pm. I usually plan and have dinner made or get it delivered by this time every weeknight but on the weekends I EXPECT his input. He doesn't work weekends and he usually has his own opinions about what he wants or doesn't want.
Am I supposed to plan, cook, serve and clean up EVERY NIGHT?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    Bump
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    Bump
  • SJG1013
    by SJG1013
    SJG
    May 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    We usually decide the day before together. If i want help I usually say well if i do this can you do that? Like if I fill the dishwasher will you wash the pots and pan?
  • SalemWitchChild
    May 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Yep I plan, cook and serve every night. Sometimes Dh will have an opinion on what he wants to eat, but thats rare.

• sadiebug1228
    May 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    In our house. Whoever cooks doesn't have to clean. Although I pitch in anyway lol my df isn't picky about food. Usually I have it ready when he gets home but sometimes I wait and ask him to help cook since I help clean
  • laranadtony
    May 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I decide in the end, Everyone else has an input.

• mommieof38829
    May 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    I do it all
  • DevinAnnesmom
    May 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    I plan out a weekly menu every Monday. It makes it easy if I just write down what we're having each night and then go shopping that day for the ingredients. I have dinner ready every evening at 6.
  • Kara242
    by Kara242
    May 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    I pick out dinner and cook it and my girls clean up and do dishs
  • Cassidysmom611
    May 19, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I choose the dinners, cook and serve them. DH does the dishes. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts