Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
chickieboom
Proper names for "private parts"?
May 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Do you teach your children the proper names for their's? I've been talking to DS (3) about the other name for his "peepee". He's now in the bath yelling "penis...PENIS...PEENIS...PEEENNNIISSS!" I think this may have backfired a little lol

Replies

• rennez
    by rennez
    May 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    We say penis and vagina. I realize vagima isn't anatomically accurate but as they get older ill educate the. We say "privates" or "bottom" typically
  • tardistraveller
    May 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I just taught my son from day one the right names and it was never a thing.

He didn't go around saying "foot!" "Nose!" or "Fingers!" either.

• chickieboom
    May 19, 2013 at 1:06 AM
    That was my thinking too. Worse case scenario I would want him to be able to use the correct term to tell someone what happened.

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

I have taught my daughter the correct terms. I did so because god forbid if someone touched her I don't want there to be any confusion about what happened when she is telling me or any other adult.

• chickieboom
    May 19, 2013 at 1:07 AM
    Man I hope so because my poor 84-year-old grandpa may have a heart attack lol

Quoting FreelanceMommy:

Haha yes I did, and my children did the same... the novelty will wear off, no worries.

• FreelanceMommy
    May 19, 2013 at 1:12 AM

lol for about a month my daughter went around telling everyone who in the room had a penis and who had a vagina... she told her grandpa "You probably have a penis too acuz you used to be a boy a long time ago" hahaha He said, "I'm still a boy, just a really old one" lol.

Quoting chickieboom:

Quoting FreelanceMommy:

Haha yes I did, and my children did the same... the novelty will wear off, no worries.

• nursiepooLPN
    May 19, 2013 at 1:14 AM
    Proper names of course. A rose by any other name is still a rose.
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    May 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    Penis and vagina. Fuck all you "vulva" pricks.
  • BestestMom11
    May 19, 2013 at 1:17 AM
    Lol! Gives new meaning to a fluffer-nutter sandwich!

Quoting LoveNaCupcake:

Hahaha I dated a guy who wasnt allowed to say fart, they called it fluffing. like WTF? O.o

Quoting Jennyanne322:

We use penis and vagina. I had a friend in college that called her vagina a tutu. I was not allowing that to happen.

• chickieboom
    May 19, 2013 at 1:20 AM
    He did walk in on me in the bathroom recently and told me I'm not a boy because mine fell off. I have no idea where he got that from but all I could say was "oh yeah?" Lol

Quoting FreelanceMommy:

lol for about a month my daughter went around telling everyone who in the room had a penis and who had a vagina... she told her grandpa "You probably have a penis too acuz you used to be a boy a long time ago" hahaha He said, "I'm still a boy, just a really old one" lol.

Quoting chickieboom:

Quoting FreelanceMommy:

• sweetieiv
    May 19, 2013 at 1:20 AM
    My son has always known he has a penis.but thanks to my mom he calls it his weewee sometimes.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts