Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
chickieboom
Proper names for "private parts"?
May 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Do you teach your children the proper names for their's? I've been talking to DS (3) about the other name for his "peepee". He's now in the bath yelling "penis...PENIS...PEENIS...PEEENNNIISSS!" I think this may have backfired a little lol

Replies

• ballerina18
    May 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Penis

Vulva

=)

• FreelanceMommy
    May 19, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Haha yes I did, and my children did the same... the novelty will wear off, no worries.

• Jennyanne322
    We use penis and vagina. I had a friend in college that called her vagina a tutu. I was not allowing that to happen.
  • mrs.ramirez
    Penis Vagina.
  • asaffell
    May 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM

My kids know things as penis and vulva.

• LoveNaCupcake
    May 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Hahaha I dated a guy who wasnt allowed to say fart, they called it fluffing. like WTF? O.o

Quoting Jennyanne322:

We use penis and vagina. I had a friend in college that called her vagina a tutu. I was not allowing that to happen.

• Ber-Lynn
    May 19, 2013 at 12:52 AM
    I have taught my daughter the correct terms. I did so because god forbid if someone touched her I don't want there to be any confusion about what happened when she is telling me or any other adult.
  • Seagodess
    May 19, 2013 at 12:52 AM

DS is almost 6 and knows the right names for his parts. He just doesn't usually use them. We have always used the term "doodle". It was so funny in the store one time. He got a free cookie from the bakery and it was a snickerdoodle. He goes "Snicker doodle, like this doodle" and pointed at his crotch. LOL.

• mamaanl
    by mamaanl
    May 19, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I taught my son to say wee-wee...One day we were in public and I told him we needed to get to a bathroom because I had to use the restroom.  So he yells out, "just hold your wee-wee mama don't go on yourself." Lol. He was only 3 and half when he said it...It was embarassing but it sounded a lot cuter than if he had said "hold your penis mama"....

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    May 19, 2013 at 12:53 AM

My DD's know the proper names, but they still call theirs a Tootie.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN