Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
beagle owners?! eta
by Anonymous
May 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Are they good pets? I've wanted a dog forever and I am going to look at beagle puppies tomorrow

Holy crap I got a lot of responses quick when I bumped that lol and thank you. The pups we are going to look at have been with young kids and 5 full grown dogs from day 0. They are already used to being on the leash. I hear dogs bark day and night aa both my neighbors dogs bark at every single thing. The running off part does concern me as we don't have a fenced in yard but I didn't intend to take him out without a leash as our leash laws are pretty strict.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    May 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    Nothing?
  • Logan_Bellasmom
    May 17, 2013 at 10:28 PM
    They are hyper and loud.....they like to howl and bark.
  • SageAdvice
    May 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I love ours

• SageAdvice
    May 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Mine doesn't howl, except at full moons and thunder storms. Any other time he's a quiet peaceful dog.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    May 17, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Our neighbor had one, it was annoying 

• angelmom0405
    May 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    Mine is still a pup so playful but for the most part calm and quiet. Only barks outside or when playing.
  • tardistraveller

when I worked in a kennel someone once called the humane society on us because of 3 beagle puppies.

The cried so weird and loud when they were put in the crate and ignored while I cleaned their enclosure that someone thought we were hurting them in the back and called the humane society to report us abusing animals.

Not my favourite breed.

• sam12796

Beagles are very  loving and loyal.

Bad side they are very very food aggressive. I have had a few my now last one is 17 years old. He would never snap at me however anyone else trying to take his food would probably be growled at. Otherwise he has been an awesome member of the family. I learned to feed him away from anyone else and taught him how to takes gently. They can be stubborn when it comes to potty training and will follow their nose for miles and get lost. Once a scent is found they love tracking. If you do not own a lot of property or have a fenced in yard they must be on a leash.

I would definitely own one again. My heart loves beagles. The other one we had after my children were born was really good with them. This one is really good with them too but he is old and likes to sleep so I do try now to keep the girls from bothering him.

• boobarandbell

they bark a lot. howl. but it's important to know they are 'runners'. they have an inborn instict to hunt and they are not good at being off leash. so if you get one, have a fenced yard please. We love ours! He's got a great personality. 

• So.Ill.Mama
    May 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Mobile Photo

We have a beagle/terrier mix. He's pretty awesome, we think, at least. ;-) His name is TJ. ♡

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts