Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
One nation under god?
by Anonymous
May 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM
America is NOT and NEVER WAS a Christian nation. Get over yourselves. Here's the deal:

The nation was not founded in Christianity. It was more founded on pagan ideas. The pledge of allegiance did not contain the words "one nation under god". Those words were later added in 1954. America is the land of the free, not home of the enslaved by religion. We have the right to be a patriot without being religious. Religion is a personal thing, so stop trying to shove it down everyone's throats. And stop telling everyone who does not agree with you to leave America. If you have an issue with them, how about you leave and go somewhere where your personal views are supported elsewhere?

I am at home, where my freedom of speech shall not be infringed upon, where no government can tell me what to say, where I'm not dictated by a religious system that forces its beliefs upon me.

Oh wait,

Separation of church and state is a JOKE; gays can't get married, abortion is still illegal (yet the death penalty still exists) and god is still a thing in public schools.

Mind you, I understand things are progressing an getting better but one should never be forced to conform to another's ideals.

Replies

• Sekirei
    by Sekirei
    May 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I agree with your last sentence.. 

I should not have to fake being the majority religion to be treated nicely.

I will not conform! 

• xomrs.chase
    May 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    O.o uh, last time I checked, abortions are legal?
  • outtamymynd
    May 15, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    How bout everyone shut the fuck up. That would make me extremely happy.
  • supercarp
    May 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I agree with everything that you said. Now, just be sure not to demand that people conform to YOUR ideals.

• Tay06
    by Tay06

I will not conform.  I am an atheist, bisexual, anti-spanking, formula-feeding (or was when he drank formula), pro-choice, pro gay marriage (obviously), pro separation of church and state individual and I will not tolerate my rights being taken away.  I will stand up and fight for the rights we should have as Americans, and I know thousands agree!

• ColtsFan1912

I'm a Christian & agree with MOST of this. *gasp* the horror. *hangs head in shame* ;) Not sure about the aborting thing since it's legal

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Yawns

• wkukid
    by wkukid
    May 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM

This fucked up country is ruled by one religion. It's not free, they lie.

• Lunarprancer
    May 15, 2013 at 2:06 PM

LOL

Quoting xomrs.chase:

O.o uh, last time I checked, abortions are legal?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 15, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Where are abortions illegal?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts