Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
i thought it was cruel but it worked
by Anonymous
May 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM
DS9months was afraid of the vacuum so dh took the hose and sucked his clothes. He thought it was funny and giggled the rest of the time vacuuming

Replies

• ashli488
    May 13, 2013 at 6:41 PM

nice. i kinda did the same thng for my dd who is 3 for being afraid of fuzzies i would just put them all over her. shes still afraid but she tolerates them and even touches them now to remove them from her clothes without crying or pitching a fit

• Redwoods_Mama
    May 13, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Aww.

Sometimes being playful about something that scares them works best.  Better than having a two year old who completely panics when the machine is brought out.   

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

My older brother used to do that to me when I was little, lol, to keep me from being afraid of the vacuum. I don't see the cruelty in it.

• Redwoods_Mama

Um, unless it backfires, like it did with me, toddler DS, and an apparently terrifying Koosh ball.  -_-  I felt like an asshole.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    May 13, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    If you were afraid of spiders and without your consent someone put one on you, would you say that's mean or cruel?

Quoting Anonymous:

My older brother used to do that to me when I was little, lol, to keep me from being afraid of the vacuum. I don't see the cruelty in it.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 13, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I suppose it would be cruel to some. But I see a huge difference between something that can bite you and something that picks up dust bunnies. It's like a 30 second panic, and then you're fine, with the vaccum, lol. But yeah, I guess it can be kinda cruel.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you were afraid of spiders and without your consent someone put one on you, would you say that's mean or cruel?

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    May 13, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    Wanna share? Lol

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Um, unless it backfires, like it did with me, toddler DS, and an apparently terrifying Koosh ball.  -_-  I felt like an asshole.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 13, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    Neither of my boys were afraid of the vacuum, when they were babies and little enough to sleep in a bassinet I would just vacuum the carpet like normal and underneath the bassinet. We never raised our babies in silent houses. I however have a friend who did and the baby would wake with the slightest of noises and then the mom would be upset that the baby was awake....I told her good luck getting this child to be silent (now 2 yrs old) after she gives birth to her newborn that's on the way.....
  • Redwoods_Mama
    May 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I was in Hobby Lobby with my MIL.  Kid was, ehh, nineteen months?  She tried to show him a light up Koosh ball and he flipped out.  I was all "Aww buddy, it's okay, look you can pet it! *I pet the Koosh and hold it out to him*.  He started screaming like I'd covered his arm in wasps.  Everyone turned round to see wtf the poor baby was screaming about.

Months and months later, MIL bought him a light up Koosh ball.  I am sure she meant no harm at all.  I, unthinkingly, tossed it to him in his carseat because he was loudly asking for a toy and we were driving down the highway.  It landed on him.  Yeah.  He flipped.  I wound up skidding into a dirt pull off area and ripping the Koosh off him and holding him while we both cried, lol.

Asshole Mother of the Year right here.  I lol now, at the time I was so mad at myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wanna share? Lol

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

• Anonymous
    May 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    Replace spiders with a room of clowns then. I dont think they bite

Quoting Anonymous:

I suppose it would be cruel to some. But I see a huge difference between something that can bite you and something that picks up dust bunnies. It's like a 30 second panic, and then you're fine, with the vaccum, lol. But yeah, I guess it can be kinda cruel.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts