Mom Confessions

Cafe Amanda
"I'm a _______, ask me anything!"
May 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM

You've probably seen threads like this here on CafeMom (or on Reddit), where a member with a unique worldview or exprience offers to answer other members' questions about that aspect of her life.

Do you have a unique perspective that others would want to know more about? We'd love to share YOUR answers as part of a new feature on CafeMom!

The focus can be as broad or as narrow as you'd like - everything from raising a special-needs child to living in Alaska to being vegan or living a polyamorous lifestyle or anything else that might be interesting!.

(Also, if you'd prefer to remain anonymous while answering questions, that's totally fine, but you'll need to verify a few things before we post your thread.)

If you'd like to participate or want to learn more, please send me a message telling me what your perspective or experience is and whether you'd like to answer questions anonymously or under your own screenname.

Thanks!
-Amanda

Replies

• TTC2Long
    May 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    What would happen if someone made a post of this nature without going through you?
  • Cafe Amanda
    May 13, 2013 at 6:01 PM

They can (as people have already been doing) and that's fine!

But if they go through me, the post will be featured, and members replying to it with their questions will know that we've taken steps to help ensure authenticity.

I hope that helps!

Quoting TTC2Long:

What would happen if someone made a post of this nature without going through you?

• TTC2Long
    May 13, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    Ah. I see! :) It sounded like those posts would be censored from now on. Glad that's not the case!

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

But if they go through me, the post will be featured, and members replying to it with their questions will know that we've taken steps to help ensure authenticity.

I hope that helps!

Quoting TTC2Long:

• Cafe Amanda
    May 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Oh, definitely not!  But this way, people will know that the person answering the questions has been vetted on some level.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Ah. I see! :) It sounded like those posts would be censored from now on. Glad that's not the case!

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

I hope that helps!

Quoting TTC2Long:

• TTC2Long
    May 13, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    I guess I'll have to rethink my, "I'm a pregnant ninja on PA! Ask me anything!" post. ;)

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

Oh, definitely not!  But this way, people will know that the person answering the questions has been vetted on some level.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

I hope that helps!

Quoting TTC2Long:

• Cafe Amanda
    May 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM

LOL! People would probably still be quite interested in that one. ;)

Quoting TTC2Long:

I guess I'll have to rethink my, "I'm a pregnant ninja on PA! Ask me anything!" post. ;)

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

I hope that helps!

Quoting TTC2Long:

• redneckmama4
    May 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    Interestin'! I guess I would but I don't think I am very unique.
  • caito
    by caito
    May 13, 2013 at 7:15 PM

That's a super popular thing on reddit, like you said. I think a group (or subforum here? I dunno) dedicated to AMA would be really cool. You could vet potential AMA participants and threads would be made and people could ask and answer questions there. I dunno, it would just be an easily accesed, easily archived place to keep current and past AMAs. Just thinking out loud ;)

I'm not that interesting. But I can't wait to read verified posts!

• Cafe Amanda
    May 13, 2013 at 7:29 PM

That's the idea! We're just getting started. :)

Quoting caito:

That's a super popular thing on reddit, like you said. I think a group (or subforum here? I dunno) dedicated to AMA would be really cool. You could vet potential AMA participants and threads would be made and people could ask and answer questions there. I dunno, it would just be an easily accesed, easily archived place to keep current and past AMAs. Just thinking out loud ;)

I'm not that interesting. But I can't wait to read verified posts!

• Cafe Amanda
    May 13, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Well, just extrapolating based on your avatar, maybe something like "I'm a mom who smokes pot, ask me anything"? :P

(I have no idea if you do, of course. But the avatar must mean *something* right?) :)

Quoting redneckmama4:

Interestin'! I guess I would but I don't think I am very unique.

Mom Confessions