Mom Confessions

DEJavu17
we're having kittens on mothers day!!!!! *update....no action yet* Update2!!!!! *day after mothers day kittens are completely acceptable as well*
May 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Mobile Photo

She played on me and her butt was all wet and slimy. No kittens just yet, but I put her in this basket with some blankets and we are just waiting now :) totally made my day!!

Update ----no babies yet. Yoko still has that sticky looking discharge, but hasn't shown any more signs that she is having her.kittens. she has
Laid in her basket most of the day, no contractions or panting etc. I think she lost her mucous plug, so we are definitely having.kittens, not sure how long this is going to take though. I'll update as soon as we have some kittens :)

And to all of you "responsible" pet owners, thanks so much for your concern. I know she should have been spayed but she is an only cat-child. She never gets out or is around male cats. My mother took care of her for a few months while we got settled into our new apt and brought a stray male cat in. She didn't realize he was old enough to do the deed, and well the deed was done. No excuse really, but we are taking steps to.make sure each kitten has a good home and that Yoko gets fixed as soon as she is done nursing.

*update 2*
Yoko started labor around 9:30 am yesterday. She had the first kitten at about 11 am. She stopped doing anything, and I started to get nervous when I noticed a piece of placenta hanging out. I Googled, and Googled, and googled some more and I tried to gently tug on it. It wasn't budging. She seemed comfortable and was very loveable so I left her be. DH sat with her while I took dd to school, and when I got back, still no progress. I nervously waited by her side, called the vet, then the emergency vet and was reassured that she was OK, as long as she wasn't lethargic or bleeding heavily. 4pm came, nothing. 5,6, and 7 pm nothing. By then I was freaking and said I was
Giving her another hour and if she didn't have that kitten I was going to the vet. I called the emergency vet again and they said she was probably laboring with a stillborn, and again no excessive bleeding so she was OK. In that time she was still following.me around, like she had done all day, so I thought I would try to get her to eat. I gave her some tuna and she chowed down. Eating must have given her some energy because
Within 15 minutes she gave birth to the still born. It was sad, she licked it a little like she was saying goodbye, then got back to business. 4 more kittens followed. All cute and fuzzy and meowing their little heads off. She nursed them right away and settled into her.nest with her little family. We have 5 healthy kittens and one loving mama, and I am so proud of her. Heading to the vet Friday to get the babies checked to ensure their health :)

Pics of adorable babies in replies.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    Awww Mother's Day kittens
  • DEJavu17
    May 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    Its kinda funny because I thought to myself this morning about how neat mothers day kittens would be :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Awww Mother's Day kittens
  • cyork2
    by cyork2
    May 12, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    awww how cool! Post pics after it happens!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    Spay and neuter!! Do you realize how many cats are euthanized every single day???????
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 12, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Congrats.

Now, is Mom getting spayed after this? Because what's not cute is litte kittens getting a pink injection and then tossed into a plastic trash bag.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Aww, how neat! I would love to see pictures of the babies!

• Zazayam
    by Zazayam

Aww, congrats! Post pics when they're out and looking all adorable :)

• mstricey
    May 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    Is that the same tiny cat from the other post?
  • DEJavu17
    May 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM
    Yes she is getting spayed as soon as she is done nursing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Congrats.

Now, is Mom getting spayed after this? Because what's not cute is litte kittens getting a pink injection and then tossed into a plastic trash bag.

• DEJavu17
    May 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM
    I'll be posting a bunch and probably a video

Quoting Anonymous:

Aww, how neat! I would love to see pictures of the babies!

Mom Confessions