Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Why do families/people decide to have multiple children?
by Anonymous
May 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I was thinking about this today when my cousin's wife announced she is pregnant with number 4.  I think about everything that's happening around us and it makes me realize that I truly do not want to bring anymore children into the world. Our resources are not limitless and our economy isn't where it should be at. I don't think that enough people are concerned about humanity's future. I'm not trying to be insulting or judgemental; I'm just trying to understand why people continue to have children so carelessly.

Everyone asking why I had a child if I'm against it: because I was young and I did not have the same views as I do now. 

Secondly: "If we stop having kids all together the human race won't survive." Right obviously that's the case. My question was about multiple children. Thanks.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    Do they love, care for and support their children? If so, tell them congratulations and shut up. It's not your place to judge!
  • NorseGodessMom
    May 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I would like to know this to.. why do people have so many kids.. as in more than one... I only ask becouse I am happy with one...

• FL2AK
    by FL2AK
    May 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    So what are you doing to make the world a better place?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 11, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    They fuck up at least one and not feel bad about it. Ha Ha totally joking
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    May 11, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I'm not judging. If that's what they want that's great... I'm concerned about the future. Not so much the now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do they love, care for and support their children? If so, tell them congratulations and shut up. It's not your place to judge!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    Me too I am happy with one

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

I would like to know this to.. why do people have so many kids.. as in more than one... I only ask becouse I am happy with one...

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

I try to put my part; I recycle, I donate to charity, help out where I can. I'm not boasting or sitting on a high horse. I'm just trying to understand why no one sees past right now and realizes that resources are not forever.

Quoting FL2AK:

So what are you doing to make the world a better place?

• gigis1
    by gigis1
    Because they love kids perhaps?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM
    Saying they're being careless is judging.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not judging. If that's what they want that's great... I'm concerned about the future. Not so much the now.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM
    The life expectancy of a child born today is 80yrs. No economy stays the same for 80 years, good or bad.

Mom Confessions