Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
olliesmommy2
What the hell is, "business casual"? *edit*
May 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM

My husband has a work party in a couple weeks. The invite says business casual. Im a jeans and t shirt kind of girl. I dont own a dress. I have one nice dressy kind of shirt, its a bit small, and a pair of dark wash jeans. Thats really it. Will that fly? Am i resigned to slacks or a dress? Neither of which i have, or am willing to buy.

Thank you ladies. I am not going to go out and buy anything for this party. Well, not anything ill wear once. I guess im rocking jeans and embarrassing my husband or not going.

That last line of my immature edit was a smart ass statement. I will be going, and i will be wearing my dark jeans with a dressy top and jewelry and heels. Of course ill do my hair and make up. That will be my effort. Im sorry i just dont want to go out and buy something i dont feel i will wear enough to warrent buying it.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1

Dress clothing, but not suits and ties. For men, dress pants, dress shirt. For women, nice skirt or dress pants, and a blouse. 

• TrouserMouse

Business casual would be like a pair of slacks or khakis and a decent shirt.  Not jeans.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    May 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM

No jeans. Time for new clothes. 

• peanutsmommy1

nope, jeans are casual, not business casual

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2

Business casual is not a suit but not jeans.  Most offices daily attire is business casual these days.  I wouldn't wear jeans.  I would buy some pants or a dress.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    May 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Not jeans. Slacks or khakis and a nice dress shirt or a polo type shirt with a collar.

• LogansMommy0328
    Dress pants and a nice shirt or blouse and some nice shoes.
  • gabeybaby07

black slacks and a dress shirt.. nice office type clothes but not full 3 peice suits - balck slacks a nice shirt and a blazer

• im_not_trollin

Slacks or skirts or plain dresses.... no sportcoats... Basically a pants suit with no jacket...

• Kristen.Marie
    May 7, 2013 at 1:07 PM
    No jeans, tees, or sneakers/flip flops.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN