Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I guess that makes me the bi**h of the family
by Anonymous
May 6, 2013 at 1:24 AM
So my distance niece is getting married and makes a fb status and tags my sisters and I as well as all of her great Aunts for jewelry to "use" in a broach bouquet.
My grandmother didn't have much jewelry by the time of her passing. My grandfather had pawned most of it off due to his drinking problem. So what little was is left is very treasured.
I used to watch my niece's children for her and we had an agreement that she'd pay me $50 a week to watch her 2 kids. (She would also have to provide their snacks). 4 months went by and no payment. It was always one excuse or another. So I politely told her that I couldn't watch them anymore.
Now she is asking to use jewelry and make no mention of loaning or barrowing it. I did reply with I love you and dont take this the wrong way but you've got to be fu**ing nuts to think that I would let her use my grandmother's jewelry. I didn't speak for my sisters or my Aunts. But I told her that this is how I felt. I wished her the best of luck in finishing her bouquet and that she should start looking at thrift shops, garage sales or even estate sales to find some cheap costume jewelry.
But now I'm the bitch for speaking my mind. If I can't trust her with getting a check to me how can I trust her with a cherished family heirloom?
Was I wrong?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 6, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    No I wouldn't trust her either.
  • Rebecca7708
    May 6, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    First off, No. I think you're being perfectly reasonable. I wouldn't loan it either.
    Second, what is a broach bouquet?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    May 6, 2013 at 1:29 AM
    Using jewelry in place of a regular floral bouquet.
  • AMCMSM
    by AMCMSM
    May 6, 2013 at 1:31 AM
    I would not let her use the jewelry either but I would have phrased it a little nicer....
  • angie729
    May 6, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I would not let her use something so special to me either. However I would have just said I could not loan it out and left it at that.

• Anonymous
    May 6, 2013 at 1:32 AM
    I had even offered her some of my costume jewelry that I e gotten over the years.

Quoting Rebecca7708:

First off, No. I think you're being perfectly reasonable. I wouldn't loan it either.

Second, what is a broach bouquet?
  • Anonymous
    May 6, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    True, maybe I could have worded it a lil kinder. But I'm just tired of her acting like she's entitled to anything she wants.

Quoting AMCMSM:

I would not let her use the jewelry either but I would have phrased it a little nicer....
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 6, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    You were absolutely right! She sounds irresponsible and inconsiderate. You would've never seen that jewelry again if you gave it to her.
  • SpiritedWitch
    May 6, 2013 at 1:37 AM

First, I have never heard of using jewelry as a bouquet. That is unusual. 

Second, hell no I would not let anyone use family heirlooms for a bouquet. I don't care who they are. That is just dumb. Much better idea to use cheap costume jewelry.

Honestly, your family should respect that you don't want to hand over your treasured pieces and move on. 

• Anonymous
    May 6, 2013 at 1:38 AM
    I told her that I didn't want to take the chance of it getting lost in the mail. Especially now that we don't live in the same state.

Quoting Anonymous:

You were absolutely right! She sounds irresponsible and inconsiderate. You would've never seen that jewelry again if you gave it to her.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts