Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Why do men do this?? Long Rant
by Anonymous
May 4, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Tomorrow we are celebrating DS's 5th birthday. The house needed cleaning. It wasn't filthy but needed to be vacuumed, mopped, dusted etc. Df's parents, his brother, brother's girlfriend, my parents, my sister and her boyfriend will all be here. We live in a big house and it is an all day job for one person to clean. DF swore up and down he would help. I got help for about 30 minutes. He swept half the linoleum with the broom. Then he started cleaning off the counters. This would not normally be an issue except there is currently a week and a half's worth of mail and bills and assorted other paper currently sitting in various sorted piles. I told him not to worry about the counter right then and that I would handle that later. He kept asking me questions every 30 seconds so I was getting nothing done. Apparently I yelled at him so he says. He's a bit sensitive so he went and sat on the couch and has done NOTHING since. I'm pissed. I've been moving furniture and everything while he sits on his ass on the couch and watches and plays games on his phone. Why do men do this??? He knows what needs to be cleaned. I told him what all I wanted to get done before we started. I've been busting my butt for the last 5 hours and should have been done by now. Or I would have been if he had helped instead of acted like a child. Instead I'm going to be cleaning until I drop from sheer exhaustion.

Replies

• cinnamonkiti
    May 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    Does he have ADHD?
  • SalemWitchChild
    May 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I'm sorry but you're probably better off. Men in my experience, never clean to my satisfaction. Maybe I'm just picky, or maybe Dh is just messy. But he always misses stuff or doesn't do it right.

Last time I asked Dh to help me clean, he was suppose to clean the living room before company arrived. He picked up a few toys. He neglected to notice that the floor needed swept and mopped.

• QuirkyMom26
    May 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I don't really LET mine help because A. He's too slow & B. I can't get anything done because I have to always make sure he's doing it ' right ' . He's the type that will clean the floor with a rag, rinse it & then wipe off the counters. Um, no...just go to your room and sit, I got this.

• petie1104
    May 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    Not all men. Dh tends to clean more than I do. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Good luck in getting everything ready.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    May 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM
    No. He does a fantastic job with some things like the dishes. I hate dishes lol.

Quoting cinnamonkiti:

Does he have ADHD?
  • hautemama83
    May 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM
    Men don't do that. At least mine doesn't.
  • LilliesValley
    May 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Well next time don't yell at him. LOL!!! All you can do now is ask for him to help and hope that he does. And of course bring it up later when it's not the heat of the moment.

• Anonymous
    May 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    I didn't yell. That's the thing. He takes pretty much any negative comment as yelling whether the person was yelling or not.

Quoting LilliesValley:

Well next time don't yell at him. LOL!!! All you can do now is ask for him to help and hope that he does. And of course bring it up later when it's not the heat of the moment.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 4, 2013 at 4:40 PM
    It's your job, not his fault you left it to the last minute.
  • Anonymous
    May 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM
    Lol Ds is the slow one. It took him forever to pick up his toys. And that was with me directing him.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

I don't really LET mine help because A. He's too slow & B. I can't get anything done because I have to always make sure he's doing it ' right ' . He's the type that will clean the floor with a rag, rinse it & then wipe off the counters. Um, no...just go to your room and sit, I got this.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts