Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Should I complain or let it go?
by Anonymous
May 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Yesterday, I had my first appointment with a new PCP to establish care. She took a quick listen to my heart and said I need to send you up for an EKG. So, I did as I was told and went to a different floor for my EKG, which happened to be right before they closed. I was not wearing proper clothes for the EKG (maxi dress) because I had no idea I would need one.

The tech threw a major temper tantrum about my arrival time and my attire. I think she assumed I knew I was getting the EKG. I was having to calm her down even though I was already feeling very scared and anxious.

Should I just chalk it up to her having a long hard day or should I report it?

Replies

• blsdbyangel07
    May 2, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Uhm... i'd say miscommunication.  If you continue to have issues i'd report it.

• cfcf
    by cfcf
    May 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM
    I personally would say something.
  • Lizardannie1966

I would chalk it up to her lack of professionalism and say something to her supervisor.

I have zero tolerance for rudeness with any type of "customer service," and especially within the medical community and because I worked in that field many years ago.

• michiganmom5150
    As someone who worked in the healthcare field, I might tell someone. That's unprofessional and people getting an EKG, are usually a bit freaked out if they are not a heart patient.
  • Destiny907
    May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM

she was having a long hard day

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    May 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    Thanks for the responses, I've never reported anyone for anything. This one just really got to me, because I was already so scared. What to do what to do...

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN