Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Angelanscalf89
Looking at my family tree (dads side) today and learned something.
May 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM
My first known ancestor was edward scarfe (not my last name) he was born in the isle of man and was of norse descent. His son was born where north carolina is now in the 1600s. He later changed his last name. My great grandparents (grandpas parents) were third cousins my mamaws mom and papaws mom were sisters they both married descendants of edward scarfe (I had trouble finding how the husbands were related to each other) so they ended up with the same last name. My mamaw and papaw had different last names. They didnt know they were cousins til after they married. I had trouble finding more info than that. Mamaw and papaw died when I was 6. I still remember them they raised 8 kids some live in tn some in michigan. Im gonna try to find out more this stuff interests me.

Replies

• Angelanscalf89
    May 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM
    Oh and apparently edwards a family name as its a middle name almost every generation including my grandpa
  • OwlNuggets
    May 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM

My Oma spent a ton of money to have a geneologist compile our family history for us.
    We got back to the 1000's with a certain King Conrad who was SUCH a douchewaffle that his own people murdered him xD

Guh-REEEAT! D: 

• Angelanscalf89
    May 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM
    I would love to do that

Quoting OwlNuggets:

My Oma spent a ton of money to have a geneologist compile our family history for us.
    We got back to the 1000's with a certain King Conrad who was SUCH a douchewaffle that his own people murdered him xD

Guh-REEEAT! D: 

• KelliansMom
    May 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM
    My dad has really spent the past year doing our family tree. It's amazing the stories he has found and such.
  • Angelanscalf89
    May 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM

my grandpa did one years ago but I never saw it and I dont  talk to him.

Quoting KelliansMom:

My dad has really spent the past year doing our family tree. It's amazing the stories he has found and such.

• OwlNuggets
    May 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM

It was kind of neat, actually.
    My Oma  was diagnosed with breast cancer in the early 80's and her goal was to get well enough to travel back to Europe and visit all of the places of our ancestry.
    ...And she did just that :) 

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

I would love to do that

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Guh-REEEAT! D: 

• KelliansMom
    May 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    We have one on my grandmas side we add/update it every Saturday. My dads family came here well before the colonies were official. And we have ties with the knights if Templar. It just fuels my thirst for history

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

my grandpa did one years ago but I never saw it and I dont  talk to him.

Quoting KelliansMom:

• kaygarcia97
    May 1, 2013 at 9:13 PM
    I love this kind of stuff. We traced my dads family to.Ireland and my moms family all the way back to England.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    My great grandma had our family tree. On my mother's side I'm a distant relative of Winston Churchill. : /
  • Angelanscalf89
    May 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I wouldn't have to go back very far on my moms moms side. her mom (my great grandma) came from Hungary as a small child. her dads (my great grandpa) family came from Poland a few years before he was born. my moms dads dad has always been here and idk about his mom. i don't know anything about my dads moms family. and like I posted above my grandpas first traceable ancestors came over from the isle of man in 1600s I googled that lol and its by Ireland and it was a colony of great Britain he wa sof norse descent and I know theres irish in me so maybe his wife was irish. I wih I could find more info but I dont have the money or resources. ughhhh. I found the info on a website and it was missing alot of info. I was gonna go on ancestry.com but I dont own a credit card.

Quoting kaygarcia97:

I love this kind of stuff. We traced my dads family to.Ireland and my moms family all the way back to England.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts