Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
TariMeccico
Why did you choose the names for your kids?
May 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I just wanted to do a fun little post lol. When you were picking names for your kids did you go through books and search or did you use family names? Dh and I decided to go with family names. My mom had a cousin who passed when she was a teenager and her name was Raquel. I thought it would be nice to have another Raquel name. For dd's middle names we used my moms middle name and my grandmas first name. I like hearing about how some picked out the names. 

Replies

• nicki1018
    May 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    Because they were awesome!
  • Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    May 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    I never looked at names or thought about potential names when I was pregnant. I had to wait after my children were born before I would name them. I had to see them and hold them first. My dh actually named them, when he suggested their names, it fit them so well, they were meant to have those names...:)

First names were random no family relation. Middle names were family names.
  • KarriePlus1
    May 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM

My daughter's first name is after my older brother. He's not dead, just the most amazing person I've ever met. I saw her middle name in a book and looked it up. It means "strength", and I find that fitting, given her namesake.

• Anonymous 9
    by Anonymous 9
    May 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    1st was originally going to be carson james which was a name the first of a lull boy I watched in daycare and james just went well with it, but then my lil sisters friend said he liked the name hayden I miss heard him as hayven and loved it middle is my bio dads middle name

2nd I've loved the name Landon since a walk to remember I had always planned on naming my son landon joel or landon carter, first dh hated name landon so second son for the name and we used my now dhs middle name instead of my middle names
  • Anonymous 10
    by Anonymous 10
    May 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Our boys names were chosen because my DH is Italian and they are named after his Grandfathers and his two favorite uncles

Carmine

Amadeo

Luca

Silvio

• Anonymous 11
    by Anonymous 11
    May 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM

That is dd1's name too, just spelled Meghan.  I have always loved that name.  DD2 is Paige Alexis, picked after a friend who died, dd3 is Taylor, because dad liked it, and ds is Benjamin, because I love the song Bennie and the jets.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I just liked the name megan

• SpiritedWitch
    May 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM

This is going to sound horrible but I honestly have no idea why I picked that one. Pulled it out of the air I think. I wanted Michael Scott or something like that but hubby wasn't fond of it ... his BFF at the time was named Scott. I did give son hubby's name as a middle name. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts