Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Are you kidding me? I might lose my whole family over a toe! (he finally called :( )
by Anonymous
May 1, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Out of nowhere my husband looks at my son's feet and says "you have mortons toe" I don't know what the hell that means so I ignore it. Then he asks me if I have it. I told him I don't know what that is. He says it means that the second toe is longer than the first. I was like, I dont' know. So he asks to see my goddamn feet. 

I don't have it. Okay no big deal. So DH gets on the computer and tells me that he thinks it's a recessive trait. Whatthefuckever that means. I'm like, maybe your dad has it or something. Then he says no. You can only have it if one of your parents have it. 

I just looked at him for a sec, then he got up and walked out. His phone is off. Our son by the way is 9 and asking me what the hell just happened and I don't know what to tell him.

He called :(

He just called to tell me he doesn't want to come home tonight. He already sounds drunk. He said the older DS gets the more he feels like he isn't his son and it's been eating at him every day. WTF! NOW he wants a paternity test. How the hell do I explain all this to DS? I should have never came back to this fool!

Update this morning.

I have to get DS to school. He didn't come home, I checked our bank account and he stayed at a motel about a block from here. After I drop DS off at school I'll go buy a paternity test.

I have a test. I talked to DH. Of course he feels terrible now and says he thinks his meds are just off, whatever. We're doing the test today and I told him he needs to apologize to ds after school

Replies

• mikandwheezy
    May 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM

hes looking for an excuse. my 2nd toe is bigger and neither of my parents are. they are both my bio parents

• Anonymous 46
    by Anonymous 46
    May 2, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    Yes, I know most traits are multi-gene. It's an oversimplification for the purpose of pointing out that her husband is being a douche.

Quoting lancet98:

No, it is not.   You must be reading from an old source.

You would be right if the trait were controlled by a single recessive gene.

Most traits, are not controlled by a single gene, but by many genes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Being as Morton's toe is caused by a recessive allele (not taking his word for it, I looked it up), it is not only possible, but probable that he could have inherited it without it being present in either parental lineage for at least a generation. Recessive traits are masked by the dominant allele when it is present. Your son happened to inherit two recessive alleles and, this, expresses the recessive phenotype. All this means is that both you and your husband are heterozygous carriers.
    So, your husband is simply looking for an excuse. I'm sorry you're dealing with all of that.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN