Mom Confessions

April620
S/o Should Medicaid require pediatric vaccinations?
May 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Saw someone say this in another post. Wanna see how many agree. Do you think Medicaid should require children be vaccinated to stay in the program?

Replies

• ColleenF30
    May 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM

No way in hell.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM

No. 

• thenameshailie
    May 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Yes and all adult woman should be required to be on birth control. Any thing to prevent a medical procedure in the future that the state will be paying for.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

If they are trying to prevent having to pay even bigger bills later when the kids get deathly sick from getting a preventable disease then, from a business standpoint, yes they should. But from a parental control standpoint no they shouldn't.

• kelly617

No...I don't think any program should force vaccines.
    Unless they want to start forcing women on the depo shot once they sign up for food stamps...

• April620
    Bump why or why not
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

It is a personal choice. IDGAF what another does with their child as long as they aren't being abused.

• illinoismommy83
    May 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM

No one is pinning down medicaid kids and vaccinating them. Its more of a "follow the program or leave the program."  Medicaid coverage is optional! 

I have a scholarship that requires me to get a B or better in the classes that I use to pay for it (its an accounting scholarship, so it covers accounting classes only in their books) and I have to submit transcripts every semester. B or better and its renewed, C or below and I owe them the ~1k for the class within 30 days or it goes to collections. Is it fair? YES. Its free money! You can make rules for the free money you hand out.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Quoting thenameshailie:

Yes and all adult woman should be required to be on birth control. Any thing to prevent a medical procedure in the future that the state will be paying for.

what if the vacinne or birth control causes a major medical problem?

• Mommy2b2many
    May 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

No... it should still be the parents choice...

I'm torn between whether BC whould be mandatory though...

Mom Confessions