Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
What would you do?
by Anonymous
April 30, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I moved in January to a small town into a duplex. There are several on this road all in a row. My oldest son made some friends about 3 weeks after we moved with the kids a few houses over. Well now that its warm outside the kids play out front a lot which is fine but I've noticed his friends lets call them D and A get locked out of their house a lot. They will knock on their door if they are hungry, thursty, or have to go to the bathroom but their parents (who are always in the house watching tv or whatever) most times wont open the door. So they come over here to get a drink, snack, go to the bathroom. I was okay with it at first but now its become really annoying and seems like they are neglecting them. I dont know if it is cps worthy or not seeing as I cant find a law against locking a 4 & 8 yr old out. So just looking for some advice on what you ladies would do.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    April 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    bump
  • Matriarch87
    April 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Id knock on their damn door and say, "Hey, I see your kids trying to get inside and they can't, so they come to my house to use my bathroom.  Why in the hell are you not allowing your kid to take a piss?!"...

Yup, thats what id say.

• SageAdvice
    April 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I'd move!

• starlight91
    April 30, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Yrs ago when my girls were little, there was this nieghbor girl , who would come over all the time, found out her parents used to lock up the food..

So, she came over every morning before school for breakfast, while my dd getting ready, I would sit with the neighbor girl and help her with her home work.. Usually made her a lunch to take to school.. After school, after my dd had her homework done ,neigbor girl was at my house , usually stayed for dinner, then went home for shower & bed...

Did this for many years, I figured I was already doing for my 2, why not one more, especially when I saw how her family treated her.

• almondpigeon
    April 30, 2013 at 3:11 PM

oh my god....what do the kids say about it?  when i was small, my family lived in a duplex and my mom tells a story about a little boy that always got locked out of his house too.  (i wasn't old enough to remember, but i think i'm telling it right)....according to my mother, his mom was either a hooker or a drug addict and she called the police multiple times, but nothing ever happened.  

i don't usually jump on the "call CPS" bandwagon, but in this situation, i would call.  

• Mommy2b2many
    April 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I would go knock on their door.... or call them and ask for an explanation. Once or twice I can understand but consistantly; that's a problem.

• barneysaid
    April 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM

you go & knock on their door...

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    April 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM
    they dont really say anything about it like its just a normal thing for them. the 8 yr old is high functioning autistic and the 4 yr old pretty much does nothing but whine and when she does talk you cant really understand her.

Quoting almondpigeon:

oh my god....what do the kids say about it?  when i was small, my family lived in a duplex and my mom tells a story about a little boy that always got locked out of his house too.  (i wasn't old enough to remember, but i think i'm telling it right)....according to my mother, his mom was either a hooker or a drug addict and she called the police multiple times, but nothing ever happened.  

i don't usually jump on the "call CPS" bandwagon, but in this situation, i would call.  

• almondpigeon
    April 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM

oh, how sad for them.  yes, i would definitely call and report it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

they dont really say anything about it like its just a normal thing for them. the 8 yr old is high functioning autistic and the 4 yr old pretty much does nothing but whine and when she does talk you cant really understand her.

Quoting almondpigeon:

• LilliesValley
    April 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    Something along these lines. If it kept up tgen I might consider getting the police or cps involved. I mean if there were a serious injury or someone tried to snatch these kids and they are trying to get away wtf are they supposed to do? But talking to the parents is step one.

Quoting Matriarch87:

Id knock on their damn door and say, "Hey, I see your kids trying to get inside and they can't, so they come to my house to use my bathroom.  Why in the hell are you not allowing your kid to take a piss?!"...

Yup, thats what id say.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts