Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Min..wage.
by Anonymous
April 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM
What is the min.wage in your state? OK so I found this job on Craig'slist for cashier. I called them up and the manager said I can come for interview. So I get there and its a deli and I talked to the manage/owner and he said I can start on Monday,from 10am to 10 pm and I remember him saying 9.50 ok 9.50. So I assumed he was paying me 9.50$ HR. And he did tell me you will get lots of hrs. So I started on Monday thinking its 12 hrs, nope I worked only 3 hrs they tell me to go home and come back at 5. I was like ok so I get there at five and left at 6:30 and the same thing the next day.so on Wednesday u asked him is this my hrs he says oh no only for training so I said ok again. Gave me the day off Thursday. Friday worked 2 hrs and and paid me the dame week I started cash. Guess how much they gave me almost 70$ for the whole week. I finally asked im how much am I getting paid? He tells me 6$ n HR. For now. Wtf. I was in shock I didn't say anything. Min.wage here is 7.40 and you pay 6$ that's bull shit. Bc its not worth of me even going back BC the state helps with day care and whatever state don't pay u have to pay out of my pocket.which is no big deal if I was making decent money.now the daycare lady asked for her 126 that I have to pay out of my pocket and of course I have to figure out how to pay her this week. And I asked couple of people about this and they said what he is doing its alligal to pay you less then min wage.is this true? Im supposed to go back to work tomorrow and honeslty im not planning to go back its just not worth it. Thx for reading rent over LOL

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    April 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    Bump!!!
  • Anonymous
    April 29, 2013 at 1:36 AM
    Bumps
  • angie729
    April 29, 2013 at 1:42 AM

He paid you in cash? That does not seem right. I thought it was state law that they had to pay min wage.

• Anonymous
    April 29, 2013 at 1:47 AM
    That's what I thought too. And I asked couple of people they told me the same thing.

Quoting angie729:

He paid you in cash? That does not seem right. I thought it was state law that they had to pay min wage.

• angie729
    April 29, 2013 at 1:49 AM

You could call the state labor board and they could tell you for sure.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I thought too. And I asked couple of people they told me the same thing.

Quoting angie729:

• Anonymous
    April 29, 2013 at 1:50 AM
    Thanks.

Quoting angie729:

You could call the state labor board and they could tell you for sure.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting angie729:

• Dreamly
    by Dreamly
    April 29, 2013 at 1:52 AM

7.40ish I believe. It's been a while since I've heard about it.

• alex815
    by alex815
    April 29, 2013 at 1:56 AM
    Get a new job
  • Angelanscalf89
    April 29, 2013 at 1:56 AM
    Thats illegal so is paying in cash. And taking payment in cash. They probably figured that you wouldnt say anything about it and they could get away with it.
  • SoInLove515
    April 29, 2013 at 1:59 AM
    He's paying you under the table, and not enough. Both illegal. Quit ASAP.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts