Mom Confessions

Anonymous
am I in love
by Anonymous
April 27, 2013 at 4:43 AM
I don't think I'm in love with my husband. Please don't bash. We separated while pregnant but everyone said it was pregnancy hormones making me not want to be with him but now that I've had the baby, I think I'm genuinely not in love with him.

Replies

• eve210
    by eve210
    April 27, 2013 at 4:45 AM
    If you're questioning it, then you're probably not
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 27, 2013 at 4:46 AM
    Ok so you are not in love with him. Time to move on. Good luck!
  • hellokittykat
    April 27, 2013 at 4:47 AM

If you can point out specific things about him that you don't like and that list is longer than the things that you do like, then it isn't love.  That's how to tell if it's hormonal or not.  Get specific!

• Toonkasmommy
    April 27, 2013 at 5:14 AM
    Then stay single.
  • BrighteyedAsh
    April 27, 2013 at 5:29 AM
    I'm sorry. It's always weird to find that out in such timing. It took me a long time to realize that the only kind of love I had for my ex was grown out of comfort at best...and that I didn't actually love who he was, not surprisingly since he was full on abusive and I was in denial and had not yet made sense of things in my case.

I hope you figure it out. Only you can really decide. Even if you realize you actually don't 'really' love him, it really id difficult to come to terms with. Or it was for me. It's a mental struggle of making sense of how it got so far if you actually didn't.

The good news, though it took me 5 years of making sense of it, finding real true love makes it so much easier to make sense of. I've never been so fully, completely, head over heels, consistently in love with someone as I am with my SO. Even on our 'worst' days, they're better than the best ones with anyone else. Emotions are so much more alive and tended to, it's much more mutual and compassionate...the full respect of eachother...without even needing to try...makes life and partnership so much easier because it's so much easier to tune into as a 'team thrive'. Even 'real love' hits it's bumps of miscommunication, confusion, fears, and such earlier on...but they never build, love builds instead, and understanding. You still feel secure and sure and they're over so much quicker and easier.

Either which way, love can be built most anywhere...it's a matter of two willing people learning to compromise and work together.
  • ariel000000
    April 27, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    Yeah you're probably not and you made the best decision you could
  • bahamamama61
    April 27, 2013 at 5:34 AM
    Don't waste precious time, it's better to be single, than with someone you don't Love:)

Mom Confessions