Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
selena2006
cultural differences
April 27, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Tonight I was talking to my husband about getting our kids more involved with my culture. I want them to go to more of the classes that is offered to us I want my son to take part in the drumming and dancing and my daughter the dancing. Tomorrow their is a powwow that my family and I are going to I ask my husband if he would like to come with us this time he says no as always he has prob only been to a few out of the whole time we have been together. I told him this coming fall I want the kids to start getting more involved in my culture and he said that they are enrolled members that should be enough of involvement, I told him it isn't fair that they are more involved in his culture and not mine, they speak his language , my son is I'm a Spanish immersion school my daughter goes to preschool that's like that, they take part in any special holidays or whatever things he has going on in his culture I just dont get why that's the only part of them he wants them to know these kids arent full blooded Mexican.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    April 27, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Lol at Klingon

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    April 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Cuz he's lazy and doesn't want to do more activities. Awesome aprt about the Spanish immersion school though.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    April 27, 2013 at 1:05 AM

what did you expect marrying out of your culture.  If that was so important to you in the raising of your kids you should of stuck with one of your own.

• selena2006
    April 27, 2013 at 1:09 AM
    He is barely involved in the activities they are in now unless its wits the family but all the other stuff I am the one taking them to everything.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cuz he's lazy and doesn't want to do more activities. Awesome aprt about the Spanish immersion school though.

• selena2006
    April 27, 2013 at 1:10 AM
    Uhhhh I expected to be equal.

Quoting Anonymous:

what did you expect marrying out of your culture.  If that was so important to you in the raising of your kids you should of stuck with one of your own.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    April 27, 2013 at 1:12 AM

EXPECTED????  hows that working for you?  MOST people wuld discuss it BEFORE children if its that darn important.  ASSume and see what happens

Quoting selena2006:

Quoting Anonymous:

• jazzgirl205
    April 27, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Talk it up with the kids.  Make them want to do those things.  Do you tell them stories of your culture?  Do you talk about your grandmother and how she lived?  Do you do any of the art assoc with your culture? Do you sing them the songs? When dd was little, the Creek Indians kinda adopted her.  She's now 15 and can weave hunting bags, stomp dance, and can throw an axe with amazing precision.  That's without effort from dh and I.  We just let our friends hang out and she asked questions.

• zeenah
    by zeenah
    April 27, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Sadly I agree with one aspect of this. DH is italian I'm African American. We discussed everything from religion to culture before getting pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

EXPECTED????  hows that working for you?  MOST people wuld discuss it BEFORE children if its that darn important.  ASSume and see what happens

Quoting selena2006:

Quoting Anonymous:

• EAzizM
    by EAzizM
    April 27, 2013 at 1:23 AM
    You don't need his permission to involve your kids in activities concerning their culture.
  • faeriemom1972
    April 27, 2013 at 1:28 AM

That's a disgusting thing to say.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts