Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
prob gunna get bashed but oh well
by Anonymous
April 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM
My dd is driving me freaking nuts!! I had dd2 2 weeks ago and since we've been home from the hospital my older dd is up my asshole. Hanging all over me, alllll in her sisters face. I know she's 4 and has to adjust but between the sleep deprivation and hormones she's literally on my last nerve. I know I'm terrible for saying this, I know I asked for it by having another child but Geeze oh man I need to breathe.

Replies

• momof2boy2girl
    April 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    Get her a baby doll so that she.can care for it while you care for her sister.
  • nocalmegan
    April 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    I feel the same way about Callie. Lexi is 3 months and teething. It seems like every time I just about get her to sleep Callie screams for no good reason and wakes her up. Then when Lexi is screaming because she exhausted Callie feels the need to yell over her. Dh is always out of town in the summers and its just me. Sometimes it's way to much to handle and I have to put Callie in her crib to sleep/play so Lexi can get some sleep. And so I can take a breather.
    So obviously no bashing from me.
  • bustybee
    April 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM

my thoughts would be that she is jealous of the baby and is acting out because of it. to me that means that you didn't adequately prepare her for her sisters arrival :)

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    April 26, 2013 at 8:18 PM

It happens. Try to do the occasional activity with just you and the older child. It really does help.

• stickyfingers
    April 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    Spend some time with her...
  • Nicki1995
    April 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM
    Do all kids get like that when another baby is brought in? I'm just wondering because i have a daughter and when she is between the ages of 2.5 years and 4 years, we are planning on ttc sometime.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    April 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM
    What ways do you suggest preparing a 4 year old for a sibling?

(I'm not being snarky, I really don't know. I only have one child)

Quoting bustybee:

my thoughts would be that she is jealous of the baby and is acting out because of it. to me that means that you didn't adequately prepare her for her sisters arrival :)

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    April 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM
    Quoting bustybee:

I thought I had. I was open and honest with her and included her in everything
  • Anonymous 1
    April 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM
    Quoting stickyfingers:

Spend some time with her...

I do spend time with her but Dh works 12 hours a day so I don't have him during the day to keep the baby do dd and I can go do something alone. Its us girls all day/night
  • Anonymous 1
    April 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    Quoting Anonymous:

It happens. Try to do the occasional activity with just you and the older child. It really does help.

I eed help first. Dh works 12 hr days so its just us girls. Maybe Sunday if my Mom can watch baby we can do something...

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts