Mom Confessions

Anonymous
do you think theme birthday partys where they expect the kids to dress up are rude?
by Anonymous
April 24, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Also given the fact they only gave 2 weeks notice?
All the kids will be be dressed up but my kids dont have these type of costumes and I refuse to buy them something they will only wear one day! Idk I think its rude especially since it was a fb invite! I might just decline to go.

Replies

• ashley1693
    April 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM
    What are they supposed to dress as? There may be a way to make a cheap at home costume.
  • jillbailey26
    April 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM

My oldest doesn't really like to dress up.  So if there isn't an option to not dress up, we would decline too.

• mommytoeandb
    April 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM

My kids have only been invited to ones where the host has extra costumes and they are optional.  I wouldn't buy something just for a party!  If you are not close to the person, just decline the invite.  ;)

• dawnjohnson5
    April 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    I have a birthday party this weekend to go to. They are supposed to dress up like princesses. My girls are 5 and 8, they don't like princesses.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    April 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    I looked through all of their clothes i can't make it work. Last year I had time and it was princess theme so they had fun & looked cute but I spent $ on dresses they only wore once and I wont do it again

Quoting ashley1693:

What are they supposed to dress as? There may be a way to make a cheap at home costume.

• kmorales7690
    April 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM
    I think that the host should have extras in case someone can't get a costume one of my friends had a party where everyone wa supposed to wear tie dye shirts and thy had extra shirts for those who didn't have any!
  • iansusie
    April 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM

what is the theme? I have never gone to a party where the kids are required to dress up. My friend had a pirate party and she asked the kids wore anything piraty they had but if they had nothing to just let them wear jeans rolled up and a t shirt, she would make it work. 

• MrsDavidB25
    April 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I have never heard of these dress up parties. what age is this for?

• Beebella
    April 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    Yes I think it's rude because if you don't have the money to get your kid the outfit they feel left out or like an outcast. A party should only be a burden for the people throwing it, not the people attending it.
  • Destiny907
    April 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM

It would be FUN.. most times you can throw something together!  Would not cost much!  the kids love this stuff.

Mom Confessions