Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
do you think theme birthday partys where they expect the kids to dress up are rude?
by Anonymous
April 24, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Also given the fact they only gave 2 weeks notice?
All the kids will be be dressed up but my kids dont have these type of costumes and I refuse to buy them something they will only wear one day! Idk I think its rude especially since it was a fb invite! I might just decline to go.

Replies

• ashley1693
    April 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM
    What are they supposed to dress as? There may be a way to make a cheap at home costume.
  • jillbailey26
    April 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM

My oldest doesn't really like to dress up.  So if there isn't an option to not dress up, we would decline too.

• mommytoeandb
    April 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM

My kids have only been invited to ones where the host has extra costumes and they are optional.  I wouldn't buy something just for a party!  If you are not close to the person, just decline the invite.  ;)

• dawnjohnson5
    April 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    I have a birthday party this weekend to go to. They are supposed to dress up like princesses. My girls are 5 and 8, they don't like princesses.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    April 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    I looked through all of their clothes i can't make it work. Last year I had time and it was princess theme so they had fun & looked cute but I spent $ on dresses they only wore once and I wont do it again

Quoting ashley1693:

What are they supposed to dress as? There may be a way to make a cheap at home costume.

• kmorales7690
    April 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM
    I think that the host should have extras in case someone can't get a costume one of my friends had a party where everyone wa supposed to wear tie dye shirts and thy had extra shirts for those who didn't have any!
  • iansusie
    April 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM

what is the theme? I have never gone to a party where the kids are required to dress up. My friend had a pirate party and she asked the kids wore anything piraty they had but if they had nothing to just let them wear jeans rolled up and a t shirt, she would make it work. 

• MrsDavidB25
    April 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I have never heard of these dress up parties. what age is this for?

• Beebella
    April 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    Yes I think it's rude because if you don't have the money to get your kid the outfit they feel left out or like an outcast. A party should only be a burden for the people throwing it, not the people attending it.
  • Destiny907
    April 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM

It would be FUN.. most times you can throw something together!  Would not cost much!  the kids love this stuff.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts