Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
angelaherself
What's up with all the neat freak, perfect moms?!
April 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Now don't get me wrong I have a decent house, but I'm not about to pretend it doesn't look like a tsunami hit it multiple times a day! If you walked in my house you would find some areas that aren't spotless, they may be a bit cluttered, some areas need dusting, I have dirty finger prints on several walls in my house and probably some marker, the dishes aren't always done, my son's room isn't always perfectly picked up with toys sorted, the laundry has a bad habit of needing to be done contantly so sometimes it sits in a basket for a couple days....

I have a lot of facebook friends that are stay at home moms too but their pictures always shows a perfect family with a perfectly decorated house with everything in it's place and they post about every fun, educational activity they do with their kids..... I don't know.... I'm a sahm mom with 2 boys (3 1/2 and 23 mo). My husband works about 75 hours a week so I don't have a lot of time to clean the house without also needing to watch the boys. I feel like I'm choosing to either be a maid or a mom. If I clean up every area to perfection all day I'll never be able to spend time with my boys.

Am I doing something wrong here? How is it that my houehold isn't like theirs no matter how hard I work? How in the world are they able to live like that? Do they just have tons of help? Do they have angel children who never scream, get dirty, do crazy thing, have hissy fits, and make messes? I plan activites to play with them and there are often times I can only get them to sit for 2 mins. I try and try but my kids still are just normal kids! I'm not gonna lie, it definitely makes me feel like I'm failing my family.

*****Just a quick edit, I'm not trying to diss on any mother for having a clean house lol. I think it's awesome if they can do that! I myself am pretty organized just because it helps my day go so much smoother and I do spend quite a lot of time everyday cleaning, it still just doesn't seem to be as perfect as many other mother's I've seen. I guess I was just expressing my frustration. Also I'm NOT trying to use my children as an excuse NOT to clean, I definitely clean plenty... that's just ridiculous LOL. 

******Another Edit - Thanks ladies for all the tips and encouragement... AND UNDERSTANDING LOL. Again, no disrespect to all the awesome moms out there who have a darn near perfect house:) 

Replies

• sugareemommee
    April 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM
    You only take pictures when it's perfect, duh. ;)
  • Bigmetalchicken
    April 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Those other women are lying to make people think their lives are perfect. I say that as a neat freak, often accused of being part Stepford Wife, SAHM.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 24, 2013 at 9:44 AM

What's up with all the lazy I use my kid's as an excuse not to clean my house mom's?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

One quote I've heard and really like (probably not exact but close): Don't compare your behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel. I do fun educational activities with my kid too, but honestly they don't take up a lot of time. I could spend all day cleaning with the kid in front of the TV, 10 minutes taking Mom of the Year pictures of my kid doing something awesome, and everyone would think everything is perfect. Not saying that's necessarily what they do - just that you don't know what's really going on in their house. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Nah....I believe those women are just trying to soubd like the are perfect.
    And honestly....some people are on here ALL day. How can they do anything?
    Some lie to be able to bash others.
  • owl0210
    by owl0210
    Your husband works 75 hrs a week? Damn...
  • Caspriel
    April 24, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I only play a perfect mom on the internet.

• ajdahd13

Yup. At least that's what I do. Lol

Quoting sugareemommee:

You only take pictures when it's perfect, duh. ;)

• ColtsFan1912

because if they take a pic of something out of place people freak out & threaten to call CPS.

No.

Wait.

That's CM

• Kitschy
    by Kitschy

I clean as I go and my kids clean up after themselves. They clean up before each meal. The only time there is a mess is when they are actually in the middle of playing.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts