Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
ZazaGoszzy
Stay at home moms, I applaud you!
April 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I'm serious! Due to some medical problems, I have had to take a leave of absence from work to care for my 22 month old DS. (He's taking a nap now) Both me and DH work about the same hours, 25-40 hours a week and since we decided I would be staying home, I would take full responsibliity of all housework and errands on top of caring for DS while he picks up extra hours (last week he worked 40 and this week he is working 50), and WOW! I never knew how much I depended on DH for help. I mean, we did equal amount of housework, but I also always had taken care of DS more. I never noticed how lazy I was. lol It's only been a week and I'm exhausted! I really look up to you guys even more now. I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom, more so to spend more time with DS than anything, and I knew that SAHMs did a lot because my mom was one, but wow. I want to give a big hug to all of you.

hugs

Replies

• Rosebud27aj
    April 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I've been a sahm for about 5 yrs now, I'm so ready to go back to work...but I'm waiting til my youngest ds goes into kindergarten, another 2 yrs or so...but yeah it can be exhausting...

• momoflivrose
    April 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    It sure can be exhausting. I am in college full time on top of being a sahm. The house is usually cluttered, but hey, we have fun and love life!
  • ZazaGoszzy
    April 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I'm doing school too, right now it's online classes, but next semester I'm transfering to Umass, although, I won't be at home when I start going to campus again. I wish I were.

Quoting momoflivrose:

It sure can be exhausting. I am in college full time on top of being a sahm. The house is usually cluttered, but hey, we have fun and love life!

• ZazaGoszzy
    April 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM

wow, my mom is still a sahm... lol more like sahgm, but the next 3 months are my turn. I would like to be one permanently, but financially it isn't permittable. :-(

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

I've been a sahm for about 5 yrs now, I'm so ready to go back to work...but I'm waiting til my youngest ds goes into kindergarten, another 2 yrs or so...but yeah it can be exhausting...

• handy0318
    April 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Yep, I've been a working full time, single woman; working full time, married woman; a full time SAHM; and now a work from home mom with teens who do most of the household chores.

By far...far, far, far and away, full time SAHM was the most exhausting...that time when the kids were really little and I was focused on just keeping the housework, yard, and kids taken care of.  

• redneckmama4
    April 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    I hope your ds gets well soon!

• Rosebud27aj
    April 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Yeah, financially we are ok, but I do wanna go to work again, I miss it. Interaction with adults would be nice...

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

wow, my mom is still a sahm... lol more like sahgm, but the next 3 months are my turn. I would like to be one permanently, but financially it isn't permittable. :-(

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

• mich.el.le
    April 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM

*bows* lol Just kidding. I am not the best sahm. I envy those women who always seem to be doing something amazing with their kids while maintaining a pristine house. 

• ZazaGoszzy
    April 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Yes it is. I work with the public so I'll be missing my coworkers and my regulars.

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

Yeah, financially we are ok, but I do wanna go to work again, I miss it. Interaction with adults would be nice...

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

• ConcernedCousin
    April 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    Thank you! You WILL get used to it and it will become easier. I have three under the age of 5, plus I babysit one, and 3-4 days a week or for the weekend I have my oldest sons best friend over so it can be hectic but I can't imagine any empty house

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts