Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I raise my daughters to be little mommies.
by Anonymous
April 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I'm raising my daughters to be good home makers, good moms, and good wives.

I'm raising the boys to be good providers, good dads, and good husbands.

That's how I think it should be and it saddens me everytime I read or hear otherwise. My most important goal in life is to be a good wife and mom. I think there would be better people and less divorces in the world if everyone did as my family does.

Replies

• kzuehlk
    by kzuehlk
    April 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM
    I raise my boys to be hard workers, but you better believe they will know how to cook and clean and keep up on a house. If I had girls, they would know how to work hard and be self sufficient
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    April 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    My boys do the outside work and cook if they want to help but I usually do all of the cooking myself. The girls do the inside cleaning while the boys do the outside. It's fair that way and no one complains :)

Quoting kzuehlk:

I raise my boys to be hard workers, but you better believe they will know how to cook and clean and keep up on a house. If I had girls, they would know how to work hard and be self sufficient
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I am raising my daughters to be who they choose to be.

• crescentstar2
    April 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I raise mine to be well rounded and know how to be responsible adults

• Kermitthemom23
    April 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM
    Ditto!
    You never know what path a child will choose so best prepare them as best you can for any outcome.
    a woman whose dream is being a sahm/wife may find herself a sole provider and a career driven man may end up a sahd.

Quoting kzuehlk:

• sheramom4
    April 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I raise my girls to be intelligent, independent, well-educated, critical thinkers who know themselves and what they want out of life. I raise DS the same way. All four also know how or are learning how to cook, clean, keep track of a bank account, and all other adult life skills. All 4 are expected to be hard-workers and self-sufficient. All of my children know that they do not have to get married or have children if they choose not to.

• Mommy2b2many
    April 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Kudos to you; thats definately no longe the common parenting philosophy :)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 21, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I'm raising my boys to hopefully never get married and never have children, to live for themselves. I'd hate to see how this world is when they are grown.

• robeandslippers

I raise my daughter to be independent and not have to have a man around to succeed in life! I also will raise her to live out her dream,and do all she can do before committing to someone.

• UxorQuodMatris.
    I raise my kids to have dreams and goals and to seek to fulfill them. Not to fill gender roles. I love being a wife and mother, but I love having something outside of my home. I would be miserable without it.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts