Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I'm concerned I may be pregnant! *EDIT*
by Anonymous
April 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Is it possible to have pregnancy symptoms 2 1/2 weeks after having sex? I know the exact date... April 3. My ex and I are sort of back together and that was our first time having sex in over 6 months. I haven't been with anyone else either.

I'm concerned I may be pregnant. I have a Paraguard in and am having regular bleeding like I'm menstruating but my boobs hurt sooo bad I have barely slept the last two nights. It hurts to even move. This is how I knew I was pregnant with my son. I'm concerned because of the Paraguard. I've had it in for almost 4 years now.

I'm also curious if a pregnancy test would be accurate since I'm bleeding and considering it's been only 2 1/2 weeks? Anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks ladies! :)

EDIT: I ran to the store to get a 3 pack of tests. I took one, it's negative. I'll take another tomorrow and the following day if I still have these symptoms. Either way, I may make an appointment to see my OB this week just in case. Thanks all who gave advice. I forgot how expensive these tests are! lol :)

Replies

• ColleenF30
    April 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM

A test would probably pick up hormone if it is there.

• xtina8817
    April 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I don't think your hgc levels would be high enough to test yet. I've known women that just "knew" they were pregnant as soon as it happened lol

• barneysaid
    April 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    Are you on your period? I have Paraguard too & when I'm going to get my period it feels like pregnancy symptoms. I usually freak out every month :)
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    April 21, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    I have a feeling it would be a yes. Just curious if purchasing a test would be worth it.

Quoting xtina8817:

I don't think your hgc levels would be high enough to test yet. I've known women that just "knew" they were pregnant as soon as it happened lol

• Mommy2b2many
    April 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM

You're on your period? Then probably not; sometimes my period symptoms feel like pregnancy symptoms. But if you're worried you could still test... or go see a doc...

• Anonymous
    April 21, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    I think I am. It's about the time I would. I don't keep track because they've always been so irregular so it's hard to tell. I don't have tenderness like this normally. That's the only reason I'm questioning it.

Quoting barneysaid:

Are you on your period? I have Paraguard too & when I'm going to get my period it feels like pregnancy symptoms. I usually freak out every month :)

• daughteroftruth
    April 21, 2013 at 1:18 PM

what was thw dae of your last period?

• Anonymous
    April 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    I may or may not be on my period. They're extremely irregular. Keeping track never did anything for me.

Would a test even be accurate at this point and also with a little bleeding?

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

You're on your period? Then probably not; sometimes my period symptoms feel like pregnancy symptoms. But if you're worried you could still test... or go see a doc...

• Anonymous
    April 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    No clue. It's pointless for me to keep track. Always has been. It's very frustrating.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

what was thw dae of your last period?

• TTC2Long
    April 21, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    Get a few dollar store tests. Be sure they're pink dye and use fmu. If you happened to ovulate right around the day of sex, it is possible to be pregnant and to get a bfp now. I'd test tomorrow am. If bfn, wait a week and test again. GL!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts