Mom Confessions

bear.katten
Is he starting to get too big for this car seat?
April 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM

His feet can lie flat against the cars seat. I am a first time mom and didnt know to get a convertable car seat because they are bigger :-\ He is only 18lbs but I'm worried about his legs if we were to crash. Should I get another car seat??
He will stay rear facing and I know the straps are too loose in this picture. They have started loosenimg on their own for some reason so I have to find the receipt and return it.

Replies

• cLanief
    by cLanief
    April 20, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    He looks like he's still fine in it size wise... not sure what tge weight on it is or what the carseat says about where the cut off point for his head is supposed to be.
  • sallyblueeyes
    April 20, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    His legs are fine. When he his the weight limit or has less than one inch of hard Shell above his head is when he has out grown it and you'll need a convertible, but should still keep him rear facing
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM
    I would go ahead and upgrade
  • SuN-K1ss3d
    April 20, 2013 at 4:36 PM
    As long as the straps don't go far below his shoulders and he is within his weight limit for that carseat he is fine. His legs are okay to touch the seat.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    Quoting Anonymous:

I would go ahead and upgrade
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    I would just go ahead and upgrade.
    And make sure his chest clips are arm out level and the straps need to be a tad tighter.
  • thePBandJmom

He's getting there. He is to big for this seat when he reaches the weight limit or when he has less than one inch of hard plastic shell above his head. Leg length has nothing to do with it and he is safer rear facing even if his legs do touch the seat.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 20, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I recommend the car seat safety group. They are super helpful and quite knowledgeable about all the different seats available.

• lunabella79
    Tighten his straps and move the chest buckle up. It should be at armpit level. Other than that he looks like he fits :)
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Oh ffs!

Mom Confessions