Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
ds is irritating me
by Anonymous
April 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM
We're in his martial arts class... During warm up, he was complaining that he's shoulder hurt and he couldn't do it.... Now they're doing the real stuff and he's not doing it right at all... He's supposed to lay gently on the floor. Instead he's basically jumping and body slamming the ground. He's not listening to the instructor at all. The teacher will say, watch me then we'll do it together... Ds is doing it during his explanation. I'm half tempted to pull him if he can't listen/pay attention.

I know I'm irritated, and I'm over reacting but seriously, he's like this all day. Everyday

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    I wouldn't waste the money if he won't pay attention.
  • Hannahluvsdogs
    April 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM

This

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    April 20, 2013 at 1:45 PM
    It's $35 for 7 lessons. This was the starter to see if he Could handle it... We've tried other sports and he didn't get into those. This one, he likes going to the class, just not listening.... But yea, this will be the last session until I can figure something out... But I don't want him to quit something midway through

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    April 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM
    He needs to be in something physical. He's overweight and even though I took the games and TV out and into storage, all he does is sit at home.
  • babygirlsmom314
    April 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM

If he can't listen then there is no use in paying for lessons.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 20, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    Find him some friends, get a basketball goal. Try zumba DVD those are fun.

Quoting Anonymous:

He needs to be in something physical. He's overweight and even though I took the games and TV out and into storage, all he does is sit at home.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    Pull him aside and tell him to listen an pay attention, or ur walking him out the door and not coming back.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's $35 for 7 lessons. This was the starter to see if he Could handle it... We've tried other sports and he didn't get into those. This one, he likes going to the class, just not listening.... But yea, this will be the last session until I can figure something out... But I don't want him to quit something midway through

Quoting Anonymous:

• dubolis
    by dubolis
    April 20, 2013 at 1:53 PM

How old is he? If he is overweight, maybe you should just take him walking or rollerblading in the park. Last I checked, that was free. And added bonus, one on one time with him and YOU also get a workout! Until he can be respectful and pay attention to his instructor, its distracting to have him in a group setting. 

• Anonymous
    April 20, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    We have all that... He has a ton of friends, but he's seen a the leader and he never initiates actual running around and stuff. Even tho he's been bad all week, I'm taking him to magic mountain and hopefully he can get some energy out at the play area they have there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Find him some friends, get a basketball goal. Try zumba DVD those are fun.

Quoting Anonymous:

• tardistraveller
    April 20, 2013 at 1:54 PM

sounds like my son, it gets on my nerves too!

I got him to quit it by bringing his uncle to his games.  My BIL raised 3 boys and is a hockey coach.  He basically yells at Z "C'mon, where's the effort?!!"

It sounds harsh, but sometimes boys need that push.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts