Mom Confessions

Anonymous
My husband has no sympathy
by Anonymous
April 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Ever since Monday my husband has been making jokes about the bombing. "Eh, at least they bombed the losers, not the winners", "The Boston accent must have literally driven them to insanity", etc. He made fun of me for crying when I found out about it. Tonight when I was watching the coverage he said "aren't you sick of this crap yet?".

I just don't understand how someone can not feel an ounce of sympathy for these people. If you don't want to watch the news coverage, fine, but making fun of the victims is taking it WAY too far.

Replies

• nelliesmommy
    April 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Your husband is sick. A child was killed.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

It could have been his kid standing there. Then I'm sure he wouldn't be saying "Get over this "crap." 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    I know!! And we have an 8 year old son.

Quoting nelliesmommy:

Your husband is sick. A child was killed.

• KristenFowles
    April 19, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Everyone handles tragedy differently.. It's probably easier for him to laugh than really think about it..

• Anonymous
    That's what I told him. We have an 8 year old son and I asked him how he'd feel if it was him and he said "I don't have to worry about that because it wasn't"

Quoting Anonymous:

It could have been his kid standing there. Then I'm sure he wouldn't be saying "Get over this "crap." 

• LiesLiesLies
    Some people separate themselves from tragedy so they DON'T feel. Because when they do its too overwhelming.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    Is it possible that jokes are his way of coping with his emtions? Men are not always good with expressing themselves the way we think they should.
  • Anonymous
    Maybe, but when I think back I don't think I've ever seen him show sympathy in the 12 years I've known him.

Quoting KristenFowles:

Everyone handles tragedy differently.. It's probably easier for him to laugh than really think about it..

• Kaelaasmom

I have a great deal of sympathy for the victims, but I am sick of the nonstop coverage.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Some people separate themselves from tragedy so they DON'T feel. Because when they do its too overwhelming.

I understand people do that, and that's okay, but I don't see the point in adding to it and making jokes.

Mom Confessions