Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Concern about this kitten....
by Anonymous
April 18, 2013 at 3:39 AM

Mobile Photo

I posted a couple weeks ago about my rescue having kittens. Everything is going pretty cool so far. I haven't seen so much cuteness in a long time! It's going to be hard to let them go to their forever homes!
But I do have a concern about one of them. I think it may be deaf. The other 4 meow and cry (actually they are a bunch of crybabies!) this one will make the motion but no sound at all not even a little squeak! Every time I pet or love on it, if it isn't facing me/looking at me it will jump.
Does anyone know how common this is or maybe this one is just a little slower?

It may or may not be this kitten, 4 of them look exactly alike!

Replies

• Fields456
    April 18, 2013 at 3:43 AM

Truthfully it is common and until the kitten is older I don't believe you will beabke to know if it has hearing issues . From your picture they Are Still very young.      How old,are the kittens now

• silverflash
    April 18, 2013 at 3:47 AM

I don't know about it being deaf but, I had a cat that just plain didn't meow. I was pretty sure he was mute until he got his tail stepped on when he was a few years old. He howled then. He would also chitter like a squirrel if you took his picture but, he never meowed.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    April 18, 2013 at 3:47 AM
    16 days

All eyes are open and ears are staring to stand up. 2 of them are very shakily walking not just crawling.

Quoting Fields456:

Truthfully it is common and until the kitten is older I don't believe you will beabke to know if it has hearing issues . From your picture they Are Still very young.      How old,are the kittens now

• Anonymous 1
    April 18, 2013 at 3:49 AM
    I was thinking this also, but it opens its mouth and makes the face just nothing comes out!

Quoting silverflash:

I don't know about it being deaf but, I had a cat that just plain didn't meow. I was pretty sure he was mute until he got his tail stepped on when he was a few years old. He howled then. He would also chitter like a squirrel if you took his picture but, he never meowed.

• paganmommy4
    April 18, 2013 at 3:49 AM

Depending on age, its ears still might be plugged up or it just doesnt cry

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    April 18, 2013 at 3:51 AM

It is very common for one to have this problem, when they are this young but later "find their voice" lol. Don't worry about it now they are still very young.

• zalia11
    by zalia11
    April 18, 2013 at 6:28 AM
    Omg that is just adorable!
  • Anonymous 1
    April 18, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    Isn't it!

I leaned over to look in the drawer and saw that...had to take a picture! It's just so sweet! Momma cuddles with them a lot, when they aren't driving her crazy climbing all over her!

Quoting zalia11:

Omg that is just adorable!
  • IndigoRose
    April 18, 2013 at 7:39 AM

You are very sweet to be so concerned.  I too have kittens at our house.  My little housecat Putsi ran outside in December and was gone only 1 night.  I didn't even know she was in heat.  She came back pregnant and had 4 kittens 6 weeks ago. 

The are to go to an organization called "Cats Are People Too" in another 2 weeks.  They will find wonderful homes for them. 

Good luck with your pretty tabby kittens.  (That one might just be a quiet one.  They're all individuals!)

• amyleigh80
    April 18, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    Maybe just the runt? They are so sweet. If it is deaf you should keep it and be its momma!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN