Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Your infertility is not my issue
by Anonymous
April 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM
If a woman decides to have an abortion, people always like to throw out the argument that there are women who can't have kids, so other women shouldn't abort. They should adopt the kid out. Well, if the barren woman felt so strongly about adoption, she'd adopt a child that was already born. Why should I care if there are millions of women who can't have their own kids if I'm trying to figure out how I would care for another kid that I can't afford or knowing that the kid would be born into a bad situation. I wouldn't care. I'd do what was right for me, not Sally Carlisle from Charlotte, North Carolina who has been trying to conceive for the last 6 years. Her infertility is not my problem, neither is anybody else's. That argument is so lame. If that's how we're supposed to be, then we all should go without. If you have an iPhone, you shouldn't cause there's people using an Obama phone. You have a car? Give it away because somebody else is using the bus. Other people's problem are just that: other people's problems.

Replies

• randi1978
    April 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I actually agree with this.

I'm pro choice and what another woman chooses to do is not my business.  I can only hope it is an informed decision free of force or coersion.  I hate the "childless couple" argument because their desire for a wet from the womb newborn does not trump a woman's right over her body or her desire to NOT be pregnant anymore.  Their desires are not her concern, period.  The only thing that should matter is herself, her children (if she has other children), her partner and whatever family she also has involved.

No woman obligated to gestate for someone else.

• Kaelaasmom
    April 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I agree.

• mommy_me
    April 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    Yes
  • AVSpecWife4
    Agree! And to further add, I'm not a broodmare for the infertile. Yes I've aborted twice. My choice if you want a child, go adopt one that needs a home and has been waiting for one.
  • baquick
    by baquick
    I knew I e-loved you for a reason besides your drawings :-)

Quoting randi1978:

I actually agree with this.

I'm pro choice and what another woman chooses to do is not my business.  I can only hope it is an informed decision free of force or coersion.  I hate the "childless couple" argument because their desire for a wet from the womb newborn does not trump a woman's right over her body or her desire to NOT be pregnant anymore.  Their desires are not her concern, period.  The only thing that should matter is herself, her children (if she has other children), her partner and whatever family she also has involved.

No woman obligated to gestate for someone else.

• areyouatroll
    I agree, less adoption and abortion is the best way to go.
  • GoddessNDaRuff
    April 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Agreed.

But why do people call it a damn Obama phone that program has been around way longer than Obama! It drives me nuts.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Agreed !

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    Well I kinda agree and im pro life. Yes infertility sucks...I've been ttc for 6 yrs. But im not the person who judges at the end.. so people just need to move on.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    April 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    Lol that's the only thing I've heard it called. Even saw a commercial where people were talking about it. What was it originally called? Maybe I should edit it for seniors getting the jitterbug phone, LMFAO.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Agreed.

But why do people call it a damn Obama phone that program has been around way longer than Obama! It drives me nuts.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts