Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
no kids at a work celebration dinner??
by Anonymous
April 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM

My husband is winning an award for the excellent job he's been doing at his company.

They're throwing a celebratory dinner for him, where he'll be presented with an award. Every had to RSVP to it, and he RSVP'd 7, with names and ages, assuming that me, his parents and our 3 kids could come. They just got back to him and let him know that these functions are adults only.

Does this seem outrageous to anyone else? Why shouldn't my kids be able to see their dad win an award, and see the value of his hard work? Furthermore, my parents live across the country, and if his parents go too then I have no one to watch the kids! Why shouldn't I get to go?

WWYD?

Replies

• lucky2Beeme
    April 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM

NO Its a work dinner !  I am horrified that you RSVP'd that the children and his parents would come. Its a JOB related award/ dinner. Not junior high.

• 1stpreggers
    April 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM
    I would hire a babysitter . Professional events rarely involve children.
  • SommelierMom
    April 10, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    Please tell me you're joking.
  • spunky946
    April 10, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I never would have thought to bring my kids.  Just get a babysitter.

• Tea4Tas
    by Tea4Tas
    April 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM

It's a work dinner. His parents can watch your kids. Generally at work functions it's spouses-not parents and spouses.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    It's a work function. That means employee and spouse only unless explicitly specified.
  • FL2AK
    by FL2AK
    April 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM
    It is work related. Do kids normally go to work?
  • Not_A_Native

Hire a babysitter.  Geez, it's a work thing not a family functon.

And yeah - even his parents being there is kinda strange.  Usually things lke that are only employee and spouse.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

Wow. His company bills itself as family friendly, so I didnt' think I was so out of line in thinking that our children would be welcome...

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I would have assumed that children were not invited.  I wouldn't have thought that parents would be invited either...this isn't a kindergarten graduation.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts