Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
selena2006
how much do kids really remember?
April 9, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Can a 6 almost 7 year old remember stuff from when they were 1-3 most of it being really seen at 1-2 and start acting at the age they are now?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    Yes, my 6 nearly 7 year old remembers a lot from when he was 1-2 yrs old. I had cancer then and every so often he'll ask me about something that he remembered about my surgery or chemo. I remember my first Christmas when I was 6 months old.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    Yes.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    I'm sorry but nobody remembers things from when they were a baby
  • SavdNSanctified
    April 9, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Yes. I have a memory from age 2. Actually I was more like 1.5.

• Morningday
    April 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    When you were 6 mths ?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, my 6 nearly 7 year old remembers a lot from when he was 1-2 yrs old. I had cancer then and every so often he'll ask me about something that he remembered about my surgery or chemo.

I remember my first Christmas when I was 6 months old.

• kaycersmom
    April 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    I can remember clearly from when i was 2 . . . Seconds old
  • Sanctimommy
    April 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I remember all sorts of tiny details from my infancy. I remember my Mum had a necklace with a white enamel dove on a silver chain that I used to chew on when she held me. I remember the chihuahua she owned which died before I was one (it slept beneath my crib. No pictures of it were ever taken). I remember being handed over the daycare door (it had a top that opened indepenantly of the bottom half) and screaming because I wanted to stay with her. I remember the furniture that we had and so on. I remember the way people sounded when they spoke around me and I didn't understand words yet. Whenever I describe these things to my Mum she is amazed.

• melschlegs
    April 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Well, think back to when you were a kid.  You were a kid once, right?

• selena2006
    April 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM
    6 months would be hard to remember. My son has been acting out a lot lately and I know in one of my post a lady and said he could be acting from the things he saw at that age and I'm not to sure if that's true because a lot of it was done way before he was born until he turned 3 but when he was old

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, my 6 nearly 7 year old remembers a lot from when he was 1-2 yrs old. I had cancer then and every so often he'll ask me about something that he remembered about my surgery or chemo.

I remember my first Christmas when I was 6 months old.

• MrsDavidB25
    April 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but nobody remembers things from when they were a baby

there are women on here that say their kids remember their birth and being in the hospital the few days after. O.o

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts