Mom Confessions

selena2006
how much do kids really remember?
April 9, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Can a 6 almost 7 year old remember stuff from when they were 1-3 most of it being really seen at 1-2 and start acting at the age they are now?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    Yes, my 6 nearly 7 year old remembers a lot from when he was 1-2 yrs old. I had cancer then and every so often he'll ask me about something that he remembered about my surgery or chemo. I remember my first Christmas when I was 6 months old.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    Yes.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    I'm sorry but nobody remembers things from when they were a baby
  • SavdNSanctified
    April 9, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Yes. I have a memory from age 2. Actually I was more like 1.5.

• Morningday
    April 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    When you were 6 mths ?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, my 6 nearly 7 year old remembers a lot from when he was 1-2 yrs old. I had cancer then and every so often he'll ask me about something that he remembered about my surgery or chemo.

I remember my first Christmas when I was 6 months old.

• kaycersmom
    April 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    I can remember clearly from when i was 2 . . . Seconds old
  • Sanctimommy
    April 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I remember all sorts of tiny details from my infancy. I remember my Mum had a necklace with a white enamel dove on a silver chain that I used to chew on when she held me. I remember the chihuahua she owned which died before I was one (it slept beneath my crib. No pictures of it were ever taken). I remember being handed over the daycare door (it had a top that opened indepenantly of the bottom half) and screaming because I wanted to stay with her. I remember the furniture that we had and so on. I remember the way people sounded when they spoke around me and I didn't understand words yet. Whenever I describe these things to my Mum she is amazed.

• melschlegs
    April 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Well, think back to when you were a kid.  You were a kid once, right?

• selena2006
    April 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM
    6 months would be hard to remember. My son has been acting out a lot lately and I know in one of my post a lady and said he could be acting from the things he saw at that age and I'm not to sure if that's true because a lot of it was done way before he was born until he turned 3 but when he was old

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, my 6 nearly 7 year old remembers a lot from when he was 1-2 yrs old. I had cancer then and every so often he'll ask me about something that he remembered about my surgery or chemo.

I remember my first Christmas when I was 6 months old.

• MrsDavidB25
    April 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but nobody remembers things from when they were a baby

there are women on here that say their kids remember their birth and being in the hospital the few days after. O.o

Mom Confessions