Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
mamabear55
I'm so very clever...and redneck - PICS
April 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM

If you have read my posts, you know my great pyrenees kept jumping the fence. If you weren't aware, now you are. Well, my HOA was none to happy about it and we looked into buying and underground fence. It was $250!!!!

So I just got some of my metal cheap fencing that I put around my garden and added it to the top of the chain link. I showed the head of the HOA and she said it was not only pretty, but you can't even see it unless you are right in front of it!

$20 vs. $250 - I WIN

Replies

• KanPsMommy
    April 7, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I'm trying to visualize this. I mean if she got a running start would she still be able to jump it?

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    April 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I thought you were leaving. Glad you decided to stay around for a while.

• CuriousArentYa
    April 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM

We have the wireless electric fence and it was worth every penny. 

• mamabear55
    April 7, 2013 at 8:15 PM

yes she could, lol. very easily, but she sees it and remembers she's not supposed to. it's more of a deterrent

Quoting KanPsMommy:

I'm trying to visualize this. I mean if she got a running start would she still be able to jump it?

• mamabear55
    April 7, 2013 at 8:16 PM

thank you, but I don't think I said that. maybe though because I don't remember anything anymore, lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought you were leaving. Glad you decided to stay around for a while.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    April 7, 2013 at 8:17 PM

They're a type of breed that needs to be on a farm to guard livestock.  A strong instinct they have.  Not that they don't do well in living in the suburbs or city.  My friend lives on a farm and has the same problem with her Pyrenees jumping the fence. Glad the HOA was accepting of your fix to the fence issue.

• 3_girls_86
    April 7, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    I love those dogs. I'm glad you figired something out.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    April 7, 2013 at 8:18 PM

A wireless electric fence wouldn't be stong enough to keep a Pyrenees in the yard.

Quoting CuriousArentYa:

We have the wireless electric fence and it was worth every penny. 

• mamabear55
    April 7, 2013 at 8:19 PM

me too! He's best friends with my lab, so I kept trying to figure something out to please everyone :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

They're a type of breed that needs to be on a farm to guard livestock.  A strong instinct they have.  Not that they don't do well in living in the suburbs or city.  My friend lives on a farm and has the same problem with her Pyrenees jumping the fence. Glad the HOA was accepting of your fix to the fence issue.

• Birdseed
    April 7, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I can't believe that the underground was only 250!

It was 250 to put it in around our 20x20 new little crap yard and that was with us already owning the unit!  

NIce work on the fix.  hope it works.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts