Mom Confessions

Lillymygirl
Terrible , - Court Orders FDA to Make Emergency Contraception Available Over-the-Counter for All Ages
April 6, 2013 at 12:09 PM

How irresponsible is this?

What if a young girl has a complication after taking this abortion pill? 

I need to write a note for my daughter to take a tylenol , so how does this happen?

Court Orders FDA to Make Emergency Contraception Available Over-the-Counter for All Ages

In a long-awaited decision released early this morning, U.S. District Court Judge Edward Korman ordered the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to make emergency contraception available over-the-counter to women of all ages, marking a major win for public health and women’s rights in a year that has seen science otherwise buried under an avalanche of anti-choice politics. In his decision, Judge Korman orders the FDA to make levonorgestrel-based emergency contraception available over-the-counter without an age or point-of-sale restriction.

Clicky Link Here

How do you feel about this ruling?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 15% - I am against it.
  2. 76% - I am for it.
  3. 7% - Not sure / something else

Replies

• jojo_star
    April 6, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I think that is great.  Also, Plan B is NOT an abortion pill, it will NOT cause an abortion, it is birth control, just like the pill, only in much higher doses, it will not terminate an existing pregnancy.

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    April 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    Having choices and rights over our bodies is so terrible.
  • armywife009
    April 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I think it's good.

• caito
    by caito
    April 6, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Um no, not terrible. TERRIFIC.

• ashellbell
    I think it's awesome.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

better than having a bunch of kids having babies they cant take care of and end up abused or neglected. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Yes, you're right... How terrible

A terribly great idea.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    I think it's good and bad but I hope the young girls taking it are aware of the side effects/possibilities of the contraception and of sex but I doubt they will be...
  • luckystars2012
    Moron, emergency contraception is NOT an abortion pill.

This is excellent news for women and girls everywhere.
  • silverdawn99
    It will mean a lot less teen moms

Mom Confessions