Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
So, if a kid has a meltdown in a restaurant
by Anonymous
April 6, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Do they have just as much of a right to be there as everyone else? Someone in a post said if their kid is in a meltdown and others don't like their autistic child having a meltdown, it's the quiet people who need to leave. Do you agree?

"your not going to stop a strong willed mother from taking her beautiful child out to dinner if she sees fit. Meltdown or not.. and I would LOVE to see a restaurant try to kick us out because my child has a medical issue. Bring it on.. Because you can believe this momma wouldn't go down without a fight in a matter of speaking"

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    April 6, 2013 at 4:19 AM
    No. I'd take my kid outside and just wait until they older to try again
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    April 6, 2013 at 4:21 AM
    Bump
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    April 6, 2013 at 4:21 AM
    Me too. That's what I would do also.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. I'd take my kid outside and just wait until they older to try again

• Sunshine257
    April 6, 2013 at 4:22 AM
    No I always leave or walk outside and talk to him. It has happened a couple of times. Not so much anymore.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    So inconsiderate, and ignorant. Smh

Parents like that annoy the shit outta me.
  • jesistar6910

I do not agree. We all have the right to go out and enjoy a meal without a kid in the next row of tables screaming at the top of their lungs.

When my 2 year old gets huffy at a restaurant I give her crayons and a page out of her coloring book, and BAM! Instant tantrum control. It's about redirection. If that doesn't work, I will take my child out of the restaurant, have DH pack up our left overs and we leave. I won't subject other patrons to the screams of my kid.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    April 6, 2013 at 4:23 AM
    Sorry, but the quiet people paid to enjoy their meal. It's the CONSIDERATE thing to do- take your child elsewhere to calm down, and if it's not working.. then you should leave.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    April 6, 2013 at 4:24 AM
    I agree. I take my kids outside until they are done. People deserve to eat in peace. They pay enough these days.

Quoting Sunshine257:

No I always leave or walk outside and talk to him. It has happened a couple of times. Not so much anymore.

• lauraschatz
    If my child is being truely disruptive to others I take them out to calm.down or I leave altogether but my kids don't have autism so I can't say how I would handle that.
    I do tend to be sure an establishment is family friendly before I take my kids there. I'm.certainly not goimg to take them to a fine dining establishment. If you have a kid prone to public meltdowns Friendly's seems like a better choice.
  • LilrockerMama
    I think it would be rude to let your child have a meltdown and expect everyone else to get over it and leave.. I'm not a mother of a special needs I do believe everyone has the right to take their child out and stuff, but still common courtesy does not fly out the window...

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN