Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
imakehimscream
Would you make your teen get a job at 16?
April 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM
My parents did. My mom took me to taco bell. I got hired on the spot. I worked there from 96 until January 1, 2000. My parent were always fighting so I was always at work. When I got paid my mom took my check and gave me 20 dollars. This lasted until I quite in 2000. I asked my mom what happened to my money. She told me it got spent. I work 60hours each week sometimes 80.

I would go from school work all night go back to school. Did the something over and over. On spring break or no school I would work from morning until night. Then start all over again. With my mom spending all my money

Replies

• ajdahd13
    April 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Not unless they wanted to. My job is to provide for them until 18, and I will. 

• CuriousArentYa
    April 4, 2013 at 8:18 PM

No. My mom would not allow me to work until I was out of high school. My car, insurance, fuel and spending money was all paid for by them. My mom said that I will have the rest of my life to work and be an adult, this was my time to be a teenager who didn't have to worry about being at work. But I did make good grades and for the most part I was a good kid. 

• mommieof38829
    Depends but I wouldn't spend their money.
  • nomadbrat83
    My parents made my twin sis and I but never took our money. Our money was for pocket money and gas in our car and such.
  • MalakbelLacuna
    nope. their job will be their schooling.
  • jenea2
    by jenea2
    April 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    Wtf whyd you allow that
  • JakesMom712
    Yes. But id only take 10% of their check nd that would go into savings.
  • anotherhalf

Not like your mom did.  My son will need to get a summer job but not work during school.

• MrsCountryMama
    Yes I started working at 15 full time by 16. My parents charged me $200 a month rent.
    I plan on my kids having a part time job at 16 but I won't take their money.
  • themissheather
    April 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM
    I feel like that's illegal.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts