Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you like names that can be boy or girl
by Anonymous
April 4, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Taylor, Riley, Casey, Jordan, or names like that?

I have always liked Casey for a boy. But not for a girl. The rest though I am not crazy about.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    April 4, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    I don't usually like names that are traditionally male used for girls.
  • KaRaBaSsEtT
    April 4, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    My daughter is Kacie, named after her daddy who is Casey! I think it's cute :)
  • kalikala154
    April 4, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Nope..  People keep taking traditional boy names and giving them to their daughters; effectively shortening an already short list to choose from.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    I don't like the "boy/girl?" names for boys (unless it was already a traditionally boys' name, like Casey) but fine for girls. That said, I have an "Erin" that people want to think/spell Aaron. And a "Sam" (Samuel) that hates that Samantha's are "Sam", too.

My current name pet peeve is the overuse of y's, changing out regular vowels for a y, like it will get more points in the score of name Scrabble. Like: Eryn, Mykel, Aydyn, Dylyn, Davyd, Morgyn.
  • Motherof3inNJ

If I hear any of those names, I automatically think it's a girl especially Casey. I'm 33 and went to elementary school with female Casey's. 

I like Casey for a girl, think Taylor is okay, I'm warming up to Riley- a friend named her 7 month old that.

I never liked Jordan for a boy or girl. 

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    April 4, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    Hunter, Ryan, Taylor, Jordan, Cameron, Skylar, Morgan

My son is Hunter I would have been fine naming my baby Hunter if it had be a girl
  • RunningMommaof2
    April 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Some of them yes, and some no. I know someone that named their daughter Ryan and it just doesn't fit well. Then again I know someone that named their daughter Jordyn and it's very nice. 

• TigressLily
    April 4, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Love them. Also love Bailey & Hunter.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN