Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
MamaAjax
Official Diagnosis!
April 3, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Okay mom's so I saw this comment where a mom posted something about most of CM members having "medical problems" and it got me curious.

What's your official diagnosis and how long have you been diagnosed with it. I'll go first.

Mental:

Bipolar-Disorder with schizoaffective ---16 years

PTSD --- 10 years

Physical:

APS (Hughes Syndrome) --- 8 years

SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus) --- 1 year 1 month

Please no bashing. This is just to get people talking, not a place to be judgemental.

Replies

• Anonymous 22
    by Anonymous 22
    April 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM

people don't think about it being a learning disorder because it is very uncommon.

Quoting MamaAjax:

OMG A Math learning disorder! I tested for that my sophmore year of college. My parents just thought I was "lazy"

Quoting Anonymous:

bipolar disorder 1 -15 yrs

obsessive compulsive disorder - 8 years

ptsd -7 years

and dyscalculia?  It's not a "diagnosis" it's a learning disability that can make daily life a little harder in some ways, I have difficulty with facial recognition, I can't visualize distances, directions, or spacial differences, I can't comprehend math equations (but I can memorize them and use a calculator), I can't sort out mirror images among some of the issues.

• CrystalPystol
    April 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM
    No. I was diagnosed at one year old.

Quoting Lottie925:

You were not diagnosed with cerebral palsy until 29? Do you only have mild symptoms?

Quoting CrystalPystol:

Physical:

Cerebral Palsy - 29 years (birth).  I was officially diagnosed at a little over a year old. 

Asthma - had it as a child, have not had an attack since I was probably 5.

• MamaAjax
    April 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Yeah I know all about it. I was in A.P. Lit., A.P. Micro and Macro Economics, A.P. French, and A.P. Art in High school. Aced em all. >.> Algerbra II -.-;;; failing miserably. 

Quoting Anonymous:

people don't think about it being a learning disorder because it is very uncommon.

Quoting MamaAjax:

OMG A Math learning disorder! I tested for that my sophmore year of college. My parents just thought I was "lazy"

Quoting Anonymous:

ptsd -7 years

and dyscalculia?  It's not a "diagnosis" it's a learning disability that can make daily life a little harder in some ways, I have difficulty with facial recognition, I can't visualize distances, directions, or spacial differences, I can't comprehend math equations (but I can memorize them and use a calculator), I can't sort out mirror images among some of the issues.

• Anonymous 22
    by Anonymous 22
    April 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM

same here, being accelerated in english and literacture is a symptom of dyscalculia weirdly enough.  I think it's just the way the brain works

Quoting MamaAjax:

Yeah I know all about it. I was in A.P. Lit., A.P. Micro and Macro Economics, A.P. French, and A.P. Art in High school. Aced em all. >.> Algerbra II -.-;;; failing miserably. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamaAjax:

Quoting Anonymous:

ptsd -7 years

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN