Mom Confessions

bellawomen
Should prisoners organs be donated?
April 3, 2013 at 2:02 AM
I am watching an old episode of Grey's Anatomy and thought of something...

Should prisoners be forced for donate their organs if they are healthy enough for donation? (ETA: upon their death, if they die in prison custody)

What about those on death row? I am not sure of the legalities, but the show made it seem as if the organs were not able to be donated after execution. Should those with healthy organs have the option to donate their organs and die on an operating table versus the needle?

Replies

• UpsideDown
    April 3, 2013 at 2:05 AM

I don't think they should have a choice, they should HAVE TOO. not all of them, but the ones on death row, who didn't give any choice to their victims; they should give to people who are waiting for organs. Why not?

• GirlWSemiAuto
    April 3, 2013 at 2:07 AM
    Oooh.. Interesting idea, although I don't agree with forcing anyone to donate anything, even after death. Because my grandfather (and biggest positive influence) was granted extra years on this earth because of an organ donor, my emotional side thinks harvesting the organs of deceased prisoners is a win win. But my libertarian conscience overrules my emotions.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 3, 2013 at 2:07 AM
    Hmmm interesting I'd have to tho about it and get back to you!!
  • mommytoacloud
    April 3, 2013 at 2:08 AM
    I woulnt want them who knows what infections they could harbor
  • sweetieiv
    April 3, 2013 at 2:09 AM
    Hell no. Every human should be able to die peacefully and with their organs as God created them. Yes I know they have committed big crimes possibly murdered, tortured, raped, mutilated etc innocent people. But two wrongs don't make a right.
  • bellawomen
    April 3, 2013 at 2:12 AM
    Such as? Donors must meet strict criteria.

Quoting mommytoacloud:

I woulnt want them who knows what infections they could harbor
  • SageAdvice
    April 3, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Yes i think that if they want to do that instead of lethal injection it should be allowed. Why not allow them to do something in their final hour to make some amends.

Basically when we comdem people to death we are staying there's no redeeming quality to you, WE are not some GOD to say that, yet our government does. They should be allowed to redeem themselves.

My vents over.  And just to be clear I'm agnostic.

• Xanbuttsmom
    April 3, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    Yeah. At least they will do one decent thing with their lives. Although, can you imagine telling people "I have Ted Bundy's liver" weird huh?
  • KristenFowles
    April 3, 2013 at 2:16 AM
    Hmm..

This is a really tough one..

I think, and maybe my opinion could change after more thought..... But..

No. I think the prisoner should decide where his/her organs go.
  • mommytoacloud
    April 3, 2013 at 2:17 AM
    Quoting bellawomen:

just knowing the behavior something such as hiv could be lying in wait you just never could know for sure

Mom Confessions