Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Double Standard?
by Anonymous
April 2, 2013 at 1:55 PM

My friend has a set of twins. One boy and one girl. They are 4 and have both been diagnosed with different degrees of mental retardation, thus they aren't potty trained yet.

Both sides of the family freak out if my friend's dh changes his daughter's diaper because she's 4, but no one cares if my friend changes her son's diaper and expects her to do all the work with both of them?

Does that make any sense to you?

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    April 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM

BUMP

• mstricey
    April 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM
    No it doesn't make sense. People are so fucking weird.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    April 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Nope, no sense. And it's dumb.

• Roo1234
    by Roo1234
    April 2, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I think people really don't understand that dads are supposed to parent...and that means all the duties, but what you describe is common.  

Apparently with our current "rape culture" instead of elevating our expectations that men can control themselves, we have lessened men to being nothing more than their sexual urges and it gets projected everywhere.

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    No not at all. Unless daddy is a secret pervert or something this makes no sense.

So what do all the single dads of the world do???
  • JustaSM231
    No. That sounds so stupid!!
  • wulfeyes05

It really sucks for all the good men to be lumped in with child molesters. I think that's why a lot of guys shy away from changing their daughter's diaper or bathing her or even potty training her. Someone sees a man doing all that and assumes he's some sicko. 

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    April 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM
    Well every guy is a pedophile and rapist now. Didn't you get the memo?
  • etsmom
    by etsmom

Some people are so weird about dads changing their kids. Just because they are male does not mean they are going to molest children. My SIL freaked out when I let my DH change my daughter. I just told her to grow up. He helped make them, he can help raise them and that included changing diapers.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster

I got it, but I threw it out, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Well every guy is a pedophile and rapist now. Didn't you get the memo?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN