Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Religion question to non believers
by Anonymous
April 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM
When a Christian says they will pray for you( and I don't mean pray for your souls, but for YOU, regarding something you are going through),does that offend you?
If it does, why? For a Christian, one of the best ways to show they care is to pray for someone, so if they have no other way of helping you, isn't the fact that they want to help in SOME way a good thing?

Replies

• deenakate
    April 4, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Well said

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't mind what religion you are and what your beliefs are, if you say you'll pray for me, light a candle for me, dance naked in the woods for me, I don't and won't take offense, it's a persons way of showing compassion to a situation. Nothing to get up in arms about. Now if you start beating me with a Bible screaming mercy on my soul, then I'd take offense, but, haven't met a Christian yet who does or would do such, so whatever.

• Anonymous 57
    by Anonymous 57
    April 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I think that believers are more offended that I am a non believer than I am when they say I will pray for you. I think that non believers are more open minded and not quite so judgmental

• celticgodess
    April 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM

nope

• Jalestra
    April 5, 2013 at 12:32 AM

It bugs me usually. That's no help at all. 

I do find it offensive. It really seems more for their benefit than mine. So they can feel they're "helping"...great, now you're not helpful AND you're feeling good about it. If you really want to be helpful, DO something useful.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN