Anonymous
Is it expensive to be poor?
by Anonymous
April 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM

pray , tell?

Replies

• bugsmama149
    April 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I guess the way I've always seen it is I'm going to pay taxes regardless of whether I like it or not. And if a tiny portion of my tax money can keep a child's stomach full then so be it. If it didn't go to welfare, it'd go somewhere else. I'm gonna pay it no matter what.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't be surprised at all and given all the programs that taxes actually pay for that go to aid the poor it's so much more than a little. 

Quoting bugsmama149:

U'd be very surprised to know how very little of your tax money goes to welfare.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's only expensive to those who are not poor to pay for the poor. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    Quoting Anonymous:

Well, why should she get back that much when its almost what she made in wages? That's frigging crazy. I wish uncle Sam gave me back even half my wages, and paid for my health insurance, and my monthly food bill, and my rent, and utilities, and gave me a check for my kids school clothes every year. Get bent.
  • lkane81
    by lkane81
    April 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    Yes and no if u stay away from loans an do things with cash and pay ur bills then its not anymore expensive.
    We arent poor but we arent rich either. We are at that level where we dont quality for any help ( we wouldnt apply anyways) but yet struggle. I can say we dont have any loans out no credit cards and our bills are paid. We might hav to eat beans and hotdogs but are bills are paid.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 1, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Feeding a hungry child is only 1 program that we pay for, there are at least another 82 programs we pay for (taxpayers) that are means tested. So it's very expensive on those over a certain tax bracket. I didn't say I wouldn't pay it as obviously we have no choice in the matter. It's just incredibly expensive to do so.

Quoting bugsmama149:

I guess the way I've always seen it is I'm going to pay taxes regardless of whether I like it or not. And if a tiny portion of my tax money can keep a child's stomach full then so be it. If it didn't go to welfare, it'd go somewhere else. I'm gonna pay it no matter what.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't be surprised at all and given all the programs that taxes actually pay for that go to aid the poor it's so much more than a little. 

Quoting bugsmama149:

U'd be very surprised to know how very little of your tax money goes to welfare.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's only expensive to those who are not poor to pay for the poor. 

• lancet98
    April 1, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Maybe, maybe not.  But - you're always right - so......

Personally, I think there's a little too much punctuation and capitalization there for schizophrenia (JUUUUST kidding...sorta...LOL!!!)

There isn't any such thing as a 'schizophrenic break'.

Unless, of course, there actually is some way of taking a break from it - I am sure all my pals who have the diagnosis would love for you to share THAT information, LOL.   It sounds like a great t-shirt - 'I'm taking a schizophrenic break'.

When a person first shows symptoms of the illness, it's called a 'first episode', and for six months the diagnosis is provisional (except if the person has been diagnosed with a pdd- oh and treatment can start before six months are up).  

After the first episode, if they have a much more severe period of symptoms, it's called a 'relapse' or 'psychotic episode'.

'Psychotic episode' isn't the greatest name for it - usually what it means is 'not taking medication'.  

OR - if you are a nurse, you call it 'sick'.   As in, a patient is screaming at his visitors, and I say to  the nurse, 'what's up with that?' and she says, 'he's sick'.   Someone who comes in and has really bad symptoms is 'REAL sick'. 

I'm actually starting to like that approach.

Quoting Anonymous:

Problem is, this has been going on all day. Someone I know irl sounds EXACTLY like this right before she has a schizophrenic break. I have a really bad feeling about this, and when that happens I am (unfortunately) usually right...

Quoting lancet98:

She doesn't sound crazy to me.   I wouldn't suggest that at all.   I'd suggest that it's only 5:30 and happy hour only started 30 minutes ago, and that had to be some pretty fast work.

Order something with a lot of salt and fat in it, like fried onion rings, that'll nail ya down a little bit.

I did really like the part about having your utilities disconnected before the company does it being 'planning ahead'.

I LMAO at that one - THAT was brilliant!

Quoting Anonymous:

Lady, call your doctor. This isn't a "bash". You are seriously disjointed in your thinking, and need to get help.
    What this seems to be signaling is an approaching mental breakdown. I don't doubt your intelligence, or your passion for the subject, but I am sensing serious danger here.

CALL YOUR DOCTOR!

Quoting blurp:

I see it as a total misuse of power, for electricity to dictate anything is unsubstantiated.   It has nothing to do with threads or personal opinions of others, it's just an insight.   And medication... hmm why didn't I think of that. you know you can dish out things to those you wish, but have no form of distinction in how to handle it.  I'm not here for counseling, but it's clear that some people can't use their other side of the brain.   

So back to having people that don't know how to shut off their own CHOICE of utility.  Nobody can dictate to you what utility you use.  Or give the phrase. ..''needed'', or ''basic'',  it's a manipulation of power.  Everyone knows that if you were to take a stand against the state and see them cringe that it's putting families into jeapardy to need an expensive power source, and elec. is very costly.

Most people that use it if it's poor or whatever you want to label people now... has nothing to do with a run power supply .  POORNESS is a choice to make.  You cannot have your family put into a mold that is dictated by some over processed and outdated utility entity.  solar isn't new.  neither is anything else within keeping rooms warmed by something called a newer apt.   They are out there.   Being poor, ( and here's my point) isn't a state run dictate, it's a choice.   But to take children based on someone else's criteria of a lame utility that want to ''rule'' a state and take their children by poor wording to expound an already haggard argue based (instead of getting our heads out of the sand) and seeing the whole picture.

Sorry it's long but some people don't want to see.         It will get worse if you only look at what is blinding our ..............''needs-'' according to state run agendas, and worn old court agendas.  By the way this thread is super old.

Quoting jadedcynic:

Most apartments have provisions requiring that you have utilities on and in your name. If I were to preemptively shut off my electricity, my landlord would get a notice from the utility company and I could be evicted. So, that isn't a good solution.

Quoting blurp:

and what is it for to have a late payment if you don't pay for the heat, water, etc, it can also and does get shut off.   It's not a bank account, it's a utility.   I'd sacrifice paying on the bill at all, and get it shut off ..  just shut it off prior to having it become late in the first place.

Preventative thinking and planning.

I'd shut off all my utilities if I couldn't pay them.  It's not like you cannot have them shut off.  YOU are the payor, not the landlord.  As long as your rent and that's BASE RENT< nothing included is paid, there is no reason to have utilities that cannot get paid.  

There's always sandwiches, spam, PBJ's,  Fast food, convenience market foods, and dried foods for that matter.   If I were to get any apt. I would surely not have any utilities unless I knew my rent got paid .

Once a heating bill was billed and the heat stayed on permanently even in summer, because it was turned ON.  so it STAYED ON

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    Honestly though, what can you do?

It says she is a new member, and prior to today, I have never seen her sn. We have no idea if she usually rambles non sense, or if she is having a break down, or just enjoying a few cocktails a little early today. It is what it is and there really isnt much that can be done for her

Quoting Anonymous:

Problem is, this has been going on all day. Someone I know irl sounds EXACTLY like this right before she has a schizophrenic break. I have a really bad feeling about this, and when that happens I am (unfortunately) usually right...

Quoting lancet98:

She doesn't sound crazy to me.   I wouldn't suggest that at all.   I'd suggest that it's only 5:30 and happy hour only started 30 minutes ago, and that had to be some pretty fast work.

Order something with a lot of salt and fat in it, like fried onion rings, that'll nail ya down a little bit.

I did really like the part about having your utilities disconnected before the company does it being 'planning ahead'.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lady, call your doctor. This isn't a "bash". You are seriously disjointed in your thinking, and need to get help.
    What this seems to be signaling is an approaching mental breakdown. I don't doubt your intelligence, or your passion for the subject, but I am sensing serious danger here.

CALL YOUR DOCTOR!

Quoting blurp:

I see it as a total misuse of power, for electricity to dictate anything is unsubstantiated.   It has nothing to do with threads or personal opinions of others, it's just an insight.   And medication... hmm why didn't I think of that. you know you can dish out things to those you wish, but have no form of distinction in how to handle it.  I'm not here for counseling, but it's clear that some people can't use their other side of the brain.   

So back to having people that don't know how to shut off their own CHOICE of utility.  Nobody can dictate to you what utility you use.  Or give the phrase. ..''needed'', or ''basic'',  it's a manipulation of power.  Everyone knows that if you were to take a stand against the state and see them cringe that it's putting families into jeapardy to need an expensive power source, and elec. is very costly.

Most people that use it if it's poor or whatever you want to label people now... has nothing to do with a run power supply .  POORNESS is a choice to make.  You cannot have your family put into a mold that is dictated by some over processed and outdated utility entity.  solar isn't new.  neither is anything else within keeping rooms warmed by something called a newer apt.   They are out there.   Being poor, ( and here's my point) isn't a state run dictate, it's a choice.   But to take children based on someone else's criteria of a lame utility that want to ''rule'' a state and take their children by poor wording to expound an already haggard argue based (instead of getting our heads out of the sand) and seeing the whole picture.

Sorry it's long but some people don't want to see.         It will get worse if you only look at what is blinding our ..............''needs-'' according to state run agendas, and worn old court agendas.  By the way this thread is super old.

Quoting jadedcynic:

Most apartments have provisions requiring that you have utilities on and in your name. If I were to preemptively shut off my electricity, my landlord would get a notice from the utility company and I could be evicted. So, that isn't a good solution.

Quoting blurp:

and what is it for to have a late payment if you don't pay for the heat, water, etc, it can also and does get shut off.   It's not a bank account, it's a utility.   I'd sacrifice paying on the bill at all, and get it shut off ..  just shut it off prior to having it become late in the first place.

I'd shut off all my utilities if I couldn't pay them.  It's not like you cannot have them shut off.  YOU are the payor, not the landlord.  As long as your rent and that's BASE RENT< nothing included is paid, there is no reason to have utilities that cannot get paid.  

There's always sandwiches, spam, PBJ's,  Fast food, convenience market foods, and dried foods for that matter.   If I were to get any apt. I would surely not have any utilities unless I knew my rent got paid .

Once a heating bill was billed and the heat stayed on permanently even in summer, because it was turned ON.  so it STAYED ON

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 1, 2013 at 5:54 PM
    My car cost 24k. Because I had only a 620 credit rating, the interest was so high that I paid twice that much. The interest rate was so high on my mortgage that I ended up into forces foreclosure (13.8 percent).
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 1, 2013 at 5:56 PM

It sure seems that way when you are poor. When you are poor it seems like everything is expensive or out of reach.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 1, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    That's true...

I hope it's just a bender...I just got serious hairs standimg up on the back of my neck with this one...you know?
    But you are right. Not much we can do from the other side of a screen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly though, what can you do?

It says she is a new member, and prior to today, I have never seen her sn. We have no idea if she usually rambles non sense, or if she is having a break down, or just enjoying a few cocktails a little early today. It is what it is and there really isnt much that can be done for her

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lancet98:

Quoting Anonymous:

CALL YOUR DOCTOR!

Quoting blurp:

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting blurp:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 2, 2013 at 6:53 AM

i simply answered OP question

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Wellll....public transportation is much cheaper than car insurance, gas, and auto repairs.  Just sayin'...but alot of poor people have cars too. 

Quoting Anonymous:

yes, no insurance so full pay to be seen at doctor or hospital.  no car, so public transport, rent outrageous with low pay, etc, etc, etc.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts