Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
lovinmama411
Only taking the Bible literally when it is convenient to YOU
March 31, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Sooo....gay marriage is wrong, well, because the Bible says so of course.

But doesn't the Bible also say that premarital sex is wrong? And that women should be submissive to their husbands?

Most people I know, Christians of course, do not follow these particular parts of the Bible. Usually the answer is "well, I don't think that was meant to be taken literally" or "things were different back then".

So why is it you only follow the marriage laws of the Bible that are convenient for you but when gays want to marry, all of a sudden we MUST take the Bible word for word and NO NO NO, gay people cannot get married and you will push that on them citing your religion for your reasons?

But you excuse yourself of following any part of the Bible you don't think is ok and come up with ridiculous excuses that for whatever reason can only be applied to the versus you don't want to be forced to follow? What's up with that? 

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM

But you are allowed to pass laws that go against what I believe......why am I not allowed to share my opinion just because it's different than yours?  I believe passing gay marriage into acceptance is disgusting and demoralizing.......so, I feel you are spreading some not so good things, too.  You cannot tell me that it's ok to have opinions but I have to keep them to myself and then tout that gay marriage is ok-that makes you a hypocrite.  If you have the right to share your opinion, so do I.....

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

You can not make others believe what you believe and by trying to keep marrage equality illegal os just spreading hate and making others believe what you believe.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, what you are saying is:  I can have those opinions and beliefs as long as I don't stand up for them?  I should just allow things to go on that go against my beliefs.  However, those that are for gay marriage should be able to protest and spread the word with no opposition.......  

Furthermore-how about you believe what you believe and make sure you don't try to push it on anyone.  "Sit back with your opinion only living it in your personal life, I don't see anything wrong with that....."

Quoting lovinmama411:

You don't have to agree with gay marriage. I'm not gay, so guess what? I will never participate in a gay marriage. But that doesn't mean I have the right to force my opinion upon others in ways of denying them rights of legal marriage. That is my main issue. If you don't believe in gay marriage, that is your right and I respect that. BUT don't try forcing that on others when most of you don't even follow the book you preach. It's just an excuse to try to control the lives of others and quite sickening. If you don't go down and vote against gay marriage or try and stop gay marriage from happening, and you just sit back with your opinion only living it in your personal life, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, we shall agree to disagree.  I have argued this till I have been blue in the face!  If I don't agree with gay marriage then I am close-minded and such.....which is pretty hypocritical being that if you are allowed to have an opinion, so am I.....

Quoting lovinmama411:

Apples and oranges hun. You can't say that all pro-choicers are also for gay rights, two seperate issues with no connection. I'll tell you exactly where it ends. Marriage = Consenting Adults. Then end.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm an idiot?  So, unborn children are not consenting to being murdered but people push for that......

Where does it end.  Marriage=man+woman.  And I do think women should submit to their husbands......God has a wonderful plan, doesn't He?

Quoting lovinmama411:

You're an idiot. You are comparing consenting ADULTS to helpless animals and children who don't have the mental capacity to fit into the "consenting adults" category. That would be called a crime.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, should people be allowed to marry their neighbor's cat?  I mean, neither can make children and if they are both willing then why not?

• LuvMyBrennaBean
    April 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Gay marriage can be wrong according to the Bible. However, it shouldn't matter when pertaining to the civil rights of those in America, as we are a country founded on religious freedom. 

• littlemoments99
    April 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM

You think Jesus kept his opinions to himself? I think not. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I used to be against gay marriage, homosexuality all together. I am Christian, and I am focusing on not judging and loving everyone. That's what God says to do and that is what I will do. I will not support things I feel are wrong, but I also will keep my opinions about them to myself. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Jesus loves everyone. He did not turn people away. And I have never seen where Jesus said keep them gays away from me. If you are judging people and hating people for what they do, and you call yourself a Christian, your a hypocrite.

Quoting littlemoments99:

Quoting Anonymous:

I used to be against gay marriage, homosexuality all together. I am Christian, and I am focusing on not judging and loving everyone. That's what God says to do and that is what I will do. I will not support things I feel are wrong, but I also will keep my opinions about them to myself. 

• delilahsmom1177
    April 1, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Sharing an opinion is one thing. Trying to keep somethin illegal is quite another.

Quoting Anonymous:

But you are allowed to pass laws that go against what I believe......why am I not allowed to share my opinion just because it's different than yours?  I believe passing gay marriage into acceptance is disgusting and demoralizing.......so, I feel you are spreading some not so good things, too.  You cannot tell me that it's ok to have opinions but I have to keep them to myself and then tout that gay marriage is ok-that makes you a hypocrite.  If you have the right to share your opinion, so do I.....

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

You can not make others believe what you believe and by trying to keep marrage equality illegal os just spreading hate and making others believe what you believe.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, what you are saying is:  I can have those opinions and beliefs as long as I don't stand up for them?  I should just allow things to go on that go against my beliefs.  However, those that are for gay marriage should be able to protest and spread the word with no opposition.......  

Furthermore-how about you believe what you believe and make sure you don't try to push it on anyone.  "Sit back with your opinion only living it in your personal life, I don't see anything wrong with that....."

Quoting lovinmama411:

You don't have to agree with gay marriage. I'm not gay, so guess what? I will never participate in a gay marriage. But that doesn't mean I have the right to force my opinion upon others in ways of denying them rights of legal marriage. That is my main issue. If you don't believe in gay marriage, that is your right and I respect that. BUT don't try forcing that on others when most of you don't even follow the book you preach. It's just an excuse to try to control the lives of others and quite sickening. If you don't go down and vote against gay marriage or try and stop gay marriage from happening, and you just sit back with your opinion only living it in your personal life, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, we shall agree to disagree.  I have argued this till I have been blue in the face!  If I don't agree with gay marriage then I am close-minded and such.....which is pretty hypocritical being that if you are allowed to have an opinion, so am I.....

Quoting lovinmama411:

Apples and oranges hun. You can't say that all pro-choicers are also for gay rights, two seperate issues with no connection. I'll tell you exactly where it ends. Marriage = Consenting Adults. Then end.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm an idiot?  So, unborn children are not consenting to being murdered but people push for that......

Where does it end.  Marriage=man+woman.  And I do think women should submit to their husbands......God has a wonderful plan, doesn't He?

Quoting lovinmama411:

You're an idiot. You are comparing consenting ADULTS to helpless animals and children who don't have the mental capacity to fit into the "consenting adults" category. That would be called a crime.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, should people be allowed to marry their neighbor's cat?  I mean, neither can make children and if they are both willing then why not?

• littlemoments99
    April 1, 2013 at 12:37 PM

It's not hate. You need to understand that. Jesus did actually tell people they were wrong. He showed them their sins. I can tell people they are sinning while still loving them. It is more loving to show people their sins than just let them be lost in them.

You can't know your need for salvation unless you understand you are a sinner and that those sins seperate you from God. Helping someone understand that an action they are doing is separating them from God is a very loving act. And, all I do is just show them where in the Bible it says it's wrong. If they want to interpret it a different way, fine. That's all I can do is just show them and they have to make their own decision. I can't force anyone to believe anything. That's between them and God. 

Don't try and fool yourself into believing that Jesus was always happy with everyone and never told anyone they were doing wrong. He was here to save people and that's just what He did. There were so many people who hated Him for saying what He said. They thought He was a terrible person for calling people out for their sins, but He did it because He loved them. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Jesus loves everyone. He did not turn people away. And I have never seen where Jesus said keep them gays away from me. If you are judging people and hating people for what they do, and you call yourself a Christian, your a hypocrite.

Quoting littlemoments99:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Val99
    by Val99
    April 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    So you don't consider telling someone they cannot participate in a legal marriage the same as (or worse than!) a separate water fountain? Even blacks could legally marry each other before the civil rights movement. How about the fact that they were told they could legally be fired up until a year ago, just because they were gay. Was that appropriate? Or was that Ok, even though they weren't told to sit at the back of the bus? How about not being able to get medical insurance for those they are in long term relationships with, not being able to adopt step-children, being removed from a hospital ICU because they aren't "next of kin" even after 30 years together? Is that being treated equally? Or is the concern only drinking fountains? You don't see that as being denied rights that other citizens have?
    Quoting Anonymous:

What I meant by that was "a lesser citizen"...you don't see homosexuals not being able to do anything that any other citizen can do. It isn't the same thing. We don't have "gay water fountains", "all gay schools", "gays have to sit at the back of the bus"...of course I don't want to be viewed as the "KKK" of our time, but then again, I don't try to deny rights to any group of people or think I am superior.

Quoting Val99:

Actually, the discrimination against homosexuals is the exact same thing as discrimination against blacks.  Homosexuals are told that they could "blend in" if they wanted to, and not rock the boat.  Blacks who were light skinned in the 60's were told the same thing.  Having lived through those years I have witnessed it myself.

By the time of the civil rights movement blacks were citizens, but they were treated differently in the eyes of the law.  Laws were written in such a way to only pertain to whites, just like laws are now written to only apply to heterosexuals.  Read history and keep in mind how foolish the KKK look now.  Do you want to be viewed historically as the "KKK" of your time?

Quoting Anonymous:

And you can not make others believe what you want them to either. And if you REALLY want to get technical, marriage is equal for everyone. Everyone can marry someone of the opposite sex and no one can marry someone of the same sex. It isn't as if homosexuals aren't considered citizens like blacks were in the civil rights movements....it is a little different.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Quoting Anonymous:

• sha_lyn68
    April 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM

If a law is passed to allow gay marriage, it does not affect you. You will not be forced into entering into a gay marriage. Therefore the law will has no affect on what you believe. Sharing your opinion and forcing your opinion onto others by making your opinion the law are 2 different things. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinmama411:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinmama411:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinmama411:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM

No I don't consider it the same thing. I have never seen a law that says it was okay to fire someone just because they were gay. Does it happen? Sure it does, just as it happens because people are black or people are women or people don't like your religion. No one can get medical insurance for someone they have only been in a relationship with for 30 years and no one, only in a relationship, is next of kin, and can make life saving medical decisions for their partner.  Let me tell you a story, when my dad was on his deathbed, he had been in a relationship with a woman for 20 years, but not legally married. She had no rights whatsoever. His children had all the rights, we could have had her removed from his room too, if we chose to do so. We knew they loved each other, so we didn't do that and we allowed her input in deciding what to do concerning our father. So those things are not just exclusive to the gay community.

Quoting Val99:

So you don't consider telling someone they cannot participate in a legal marriage the same as (or worse than!) a separate water fountain? Even blacks could legally marry each other before the civil rights movement. How about the fact that they were told they could legally be fired up until a year ago, just because they were gay. Was that appropriate? Or was that Ok, even though they weren't told to sit at the back of the bus? How about not being able to get medical insurance for those they are in long term relationships with, not being able to adopt step-children, being removed from a hospital ICU because they aren't "next of kin" even after 30 years together? Is that being treated equally? Or is the concern only drinking fountains? You don't see that as being denied rights that other citizens have?
    Quoting Anonymous:

What I meant by that was "a lesser citizen"...you don't see homosexuals not being able to do anything that any other citizen can do. It isn't the same thing. We don't have "gay water fountains", "all gay schools", "gays have to sit at the back of the bus"...of course I don't want to be viewed as the "KKK" of our time, but then again, I don't try to deny rights to any group of people or think I am superior.

Quoting Val99:

Actually, the discrimination against homosexuals is the exact same thing as discrimination against blacks.  Homosexuals are told that they could "blend in" if they wanted to, and not rock the boat.  Blacks who were light skinned in the 60's were told the same thing.  Having lived through those years I have witnessed it myself.

By the time of the civil rights movement blacks were citizens, but they were treated differently in the eyes of the law.  Laws were written in such a way to only pertain to whites, just like laws are now written to only apply to heterosexuals.  Read history and keep in mind how foolish the KKK look now.  Do you want to be viewed historically as the "KKK" of your time?

Quoting Anonymous:

And you can not make others believe what you want them to either. And if you REALLY want to get technical, marriage is equal for everyone. Everyone can marry someone of the opposite sex and no one can marry someone of the same sex. It isn't as if homosexuals aren't considered citizens like blacks were in the civil rights movements....it is a little different.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM

You can't say that it won't have an affect or it won't harm anyone else with complete certainity. Your idea of harm and mine may be different. Let's say all gay marriages are allowed and legally recognized by all states. So does that now mean that homosexual family life/culture will now be taught to my children in school even though it goes against what other people believe? Does that mean homosexual sex will be taught in sex ed and my children will be exposed to that regardless of my beliefs on it? Does that mean that a Christian business owner must offer services to homosexuals, even though it goes against their beliefs, or face being sued? Does that mean that a Christian heterosexual couple that rents rooms out of their own family home would face a lawsuit if they refused to rent to a gay couple? Those are things that affect people.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

If a law is passed to allow gay marriage, it does not affect you. You will not be forced into entering into a gay marriage. Therefore the law will has no affect on what you believe. Sharing your opinion and forcing your opinion onto others by making your opinion the law are 2 different things. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinmama411:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinmama411:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinmama411:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts