Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
misanutz
Would it be creepy?
March 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I have had several misscarriages and we had chosen a couple girls names before we  lost the pregnancy and now I am pregnant again and we found out that it is a girl. Would it be weird or creepy to use one of the names that we had chosen with the previous misscarriages? I am not sure how I feel about it but the hubby really likes one of the previous names.

Replies

• mariesmama
    March 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM

why you havent used those names yet and my condolences

• misanutz
    March 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM

By the way we had chosen Alona or Kiara 

• Octobersmom

To me, no, but I don't view miscarriages as real babies.  I'd think that if you consider yourself a mother to those lost fetuses then it would be weird to do it.  Sort of like having a child die and birthing another whom you name the same thing.

• divinedimension
    I'd do it. Shows respect for the child who passed
  • delilahsmom1177
    March 30, 2013 at 9:40 PM

If it feels right go ahead. IMO it just means that soul has come back to you.

• misanutz
    March 30, 2013 at 9:48 PM

That's what the hubby said but still unsure

Quoting divinedimension:

I'd do it. Shows respect for the child who passed

• misanutz
    March 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM

BUMP!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    When did your miscarriages occur? Have you used the names for any of the lost babies?

I have lost two babies far enough along to tell the gender and I named them and would not use the names for another child. I also had name ideas for babies I lost much earlier and I'd have no problem using those.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    When I had my miscarriages I just thought they didn't stick and came when the time was right. I would use the names.
  • misanutz
    March 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I have had 9 misscarriages over the last five years and because we never made it long enough to find out the sex, so I did not chose names. But these are name we would have used had it been a girl. Do think it would be weird to use them now?

Quoting Anonymous:

When did your miscarriages occur? Have you used the names for any of the lost babies?

I have lost two babies far enough along to tell the gender and I named them and would not use the names for another child. I also had name ideas for babies I lost much earlier and I'd have no problem using those.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts