Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
A punch in the face. Why is this any different?
by Anonymous
March 30, 2013 at 9:14 PM
There was a post the other day where a raging debate took place as to whether its ok for a parent to bite a child back for biting to show them it's painful. The OP asked multiple times if that same child were to punch someone in the face would it be ok for a parent to punch that child in the face in order to prove the same point? Surprisingly nobody answered so I ask that same question.

Replies

• Maevelyn
    April 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I would assume because 1. it's the face which is sensitive and delicate 2. punch implies a certain level of extreme force. 

I don't do either but I can understand the difference. My kids and I do "bite" each other but it's more like a funny teeth on skin thing not a painful bite. IDK if that makes sense. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    April 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    Ok. But if the situation occurred where a child punched another child in the face is it ok for the parent to do the same to the child?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not the anon you were conversing with. I just saw your comment and felt it was ridiculous. Many people have effectively taught their kid not to bite by biting them back, just like others have taught them not to bite by other methods. It takes much more than biting a child to teach them no biting to make a psychopath. You thinking that can easily make a professional therapist think you yourself are the psychopath because if you can easily jump to that conclusion what other conclusions are you reaching that make no sense?

Quoting Anonymous:

You know why?
    Because fools like you justify biting your children, no Fucking wonder this world is so screwed up.
    I don't need to hide, I'd rather just lead by a compassionate example, and show the children love and respect.
    Many LESS psychopaths that way, it's a win-win!

And on a side note, are you really justifying biting a child, I mean, do you truly believe in what you are arguing about?
    Quoting Anonymous:

Well, the world is full of billions of psychopaths then. You should hide in a bunker and a bubble. Quick!

Quoting Anonymous:

ANYONE who bites a child IS a complete psychopath!

No, there is NOT a difference, and the ridiculous argument of "my child turned out fine"(insert ANY subject there)

DOES NOT MEAN IT'S RIGHT!

what the hell is wrong with you people?

Quoting Anonymous:

The physical pain factor is exactly the point. I have known many people who have bitten their kids in order to show them that biting hurts. It's usually a last resort and unless your a complete psychopath you bite them just hard enough to cause a little discomfort and get their attention without leaving bruises or marks. If an adult punches a child in the face there is no way to do that without possibly drawing blood, knocking teeth out of their mouth, giving them a black eye, etc. You're going to honesty tell me you don't see a difference? One the child won't remember a month later more than likely and the other could scar a child for life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly HOW is it different, besides the obvious physical pain factor, and HOW is the any better then emotional?

You can justify that?

That's a ridiculously self absorbed way to view it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for the compliment. I am sorry if you can't get off your high horse for a moment to see my point. There is an enormous difference between a parent lightly biting a child back to show them that it hurts and not causing any real damage vs. punching a child in the face. There is no way for an adult to punch a child in the face and not seriously hurt them and cause very serious damage. I wouldn't do either one, but you cannot tell me that doesn't make sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are a raging idiot, it has nothing to do with one hurting more then the other, and has EVERYTHING to do with leading by example.

Good grief, unbelievable that you could possibly break it down with justification, whether you do it or not.

Disgusting.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am sorry, but your question is ludicrous. I would not do either, but there is a huge difference between a parent biting a child with a little bit of force in order to show them what they are doing can be hurtful to other children without seriously hurting them vs. an adult punching a child in the face which could seriously injure them or possibly send them to the hospital. Again, I wouldn't do either, but there is no comparison.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN