Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
coffeemom37043
Is he being irresponsible or is it just me?
March 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I posted this in 20 something moms as well. I'm posting here too so I can get as many opinions as possible.

My SO and I have our first on the way. She is due in May. I've been worried about him being able to handle everything involved with caring for a baby. I work at a daycare and take care of 4 infants at one time, so I know all the ins and outs. He has never been around babies and I know there is going to be a learning curve for him obviously. But I just feel like he isn't responsible enough for me to even trust her alone with the baby. Growing up, his mom babied him. She did pretty much everything for him. Well I've noticed just how much he doesn't do when we moved in together. He NEVER locks the door to the house. We even had people breaking in to near-by houses and still, he continued to forget to lock the door. He also won't lock the car doors either. I can literally say RIGHT before we get out "Lock the door", and he doesn't!! Also, sometimes when he is done cooking, he leaves the stove on!!!!! One night, he left the stove on ALL night because I didn't know I had to check it. Then, he is obsessed with this online PC game called Guild Wars. He will stay up until 5 or 6am playing this goddamn game even on nights when he has work or school the follow day. So he goes off of like 4-5 hours of sleep. And he puts his game before his studies as well. He just bombed a Math exam for college because he didn't study the night before. He gamed -.- Lastly, I have to do little things for him like remember to get his wallet and cell phone before he leaves, set the alarm clock or he won't, REMIND him he hasn't showered in two days. Ugh..I just feel like I have a child already. How am I suppose to trust him if I need to go some where? I feel like he won't remember to feed her or change her diaper or burp her. Do I have legitamite reason to be worried or do you think I'm being a bitch and over-reacting??

Replies

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN