Mom Confessions

Anonymous
FU$* MY GAS COMPANY ITS 30 DEGREES! update with question
by Anonymous
March 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I recently moved to a new house , dh and i were staying at my parents house when our lease ran up saving to rent something bigger , meanwhile i was getting alot of help and and insight in caring for my first newborn from my mother, fast forward to 6 months later, we move dh loses his job (gets laid off from a construction company) one month after us signing the lease ,and i just returned to work from a unpaid maternity leave (my leave was a total of 6 months 3 paid last three unpaid). when we moved in it was under the plan that dh would also be working and we would have a combined income which would have been more than enough for us to pay bills and keep a roof over our head, even have money for mini vacations throughout the year.

well to get the gas on the deposit was 200.00 the electric deposit 250.00 rent and down deposit 1800.00 i paid this because i had 2k saved from the first three months of (paid maternity leave) dh spent 2k that he saved and furnished the whole house.

well when the gas bill came it was 275.00 - but since dh lost his job and rent was just paid i couldnt afford the full 275 so i paid 100.00 , then this month the bill comes again and its 500.00! dont ask me how this got so high i really dont know, were only home at night through the week and the heat is left at 71 degrees on automatic!

well this month is so tough , i had to pay rent 900.00 electric-100.00 (and misc things like gas for two weeks 75 bucks, netflix (we dont have cable) 8.00 , food, 100.00 , and pretty expensive bills from the hospital. (i was put on bed rest for a month there 20k delivery 1800, and my dd nicu stay for a month 200k my insurance is 80 percent coverage so i have to pay 20 percent of all of this so im on a monthly plan. so yes thats over 40k i am in with bills.

so dh and i reached out to 3 different charity groups who help pay your bill. this morning was our appointment to meet with them and hopefully get assistance, BUT our gas company gave us a disconnection notice the day before yesterday, we called them on Tues. explaining the assistance well be getting and that we have a 6month old so if they could just hold off for alittle longer, we also offered to make a 100.00 payment. but last night they cut us off! and its 30 degrees outside. were freezing and now we cant get the help from the charity because they said that they can only put us in the program if the gas is NOT disconnected :/ so i say fuck you gas company, heartless motherfuckers!

ok quick question and PLEASE do not tell me that im dumb or slow or whatever this just dawned on me since so many of you are saying 71 degrees is to high and warm, it literally is not that warm in here when we live it at that temp and when we get home at nights we have to actually put it up to 73 74 degrees for about twenty minutes to jump start the hit. BUT i rememeber a while back my mom and dad pointed out that all of my windows have condensation on them, you know the misty fog on the windows and they said "thats escaping heat that is making the windows wet." could that be the reason for the lack of warmth in the house and the bill being so high??

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM

71 degrees?  Are you kidding?  We keep our heat at 67 and turn down to 65 while at work. And that is NOT because we like it at that temp. But sorry about your trouble.

• momoftwo0406
    March 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM
    Ouch that sucks. Keep checking around to see if someone can help. Does you're state have 211? In Indiana if you call it they can assist you with just about any local help. They may be able to help.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    March 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM

i didnt think that was high, sometimes i feel cold even when its at that temp. whats the temp where you are at?

Quoting Anonymous:

71 degrees?  Are you kidding?  We keep our heat at 67 and turn down to 65 while at work. And that is NOT because we like it at that temp. But sorry about your trouble.

• Anonymous
    March 28, 2013 at 10:32 PM

i think i have heard of that before 211 is like a state line right? they can help with paying the bill?

Quoting momoftwo0406:

Ouch that sucks. Keep checking around to see if someone can help. Does you're state have 211? In Indiana if you call it they can assist you with just about any local help. They may be able to help.

• Dzyre1115
    March 28, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Everyone has bills to pay, even the gas company.  You got to pay!

• Omd12
    by Omd12
    March 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM
    Fax over your child's birth certificate to gas so. Here if child is under one they can not legally shut the gas off ever
  • FoxFire363
    March 28, 2013 at 10:42 PM
    In most states it is illegal for them to shut it off if you have a child under 1 year. You need to look into it, and in the meantime try to find a relative or friend you can stay with tonight for your baby's health and safety.
  • Anonymous
    March 28, 2013 at 10:42 PM

really? i wil look into that and see if that is a law in my state as well.

Quoting Omd12:

Fax over your child's birth certificate to gas so. Here if child is under one they can not legally shut the gas off ever

• Mommynwife26
    March 28, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    That sucks sorry :((( I would hate having a electric AND gas bill! Id find out why it was so high too. Hope you can get some help soon!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 28, 2013 at 10:45 PM
    Pay your damned bills. Christ.

Also, turn the heat down to 50 when you're not home to save $.

Mom Confessions