Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
kdloves.
Having my first baby! Vaginal or C-Section? **ETA**
March 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM

ETA:***I DO NOT WANT to have an elective c-section. I'm planning on vaginal. I'm simply CURIOUS about others experiences***

Hey ladies :) 

Alright, so I'm having my first baby, (BOY!) due May 1st. I had my 35 week sonogram today, and met with my Doc. Long story short, she's giving me the option of having either a natural childbirth OR an elective c-section. I've been planning to go natural this whole time, but I'm curious about c-sections.

Have you had an elective c-section?

Would you?

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    March 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM
    vaginal, do your research. I don't mean that in a rude way either.
  • sissyboogs
    March 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM

What are your reasons for considering an elective c-section? 

Personally, I would never want a c-section. With my first pregnancy, I was told I would have to have a c-section, and it scared the shit out of me. Thankfully, I was able to deliver both of my kids vaginally. 

• kdloves.
    March 28, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Oh, I have. Still seeing what people who've actually done it would say :)

Quoting Anonymous:

vaginal, do your research. I don't mean that in a rude way either.

• MilkLover0203
    I had one emergency cesarean and one planned. I did well with both. I've never had a vaginal birth though so I can't compare them.
  • babybelly25
    I had an emergency c-section with my dd and will have a scheduled c-section next Thursday for ds... if I had a choice, I would much rather go vaginal! Why have surgery if it isn't needed?
  • PhoenixsMommy10
    I've had 2 c-sections. Don't put your body through a major surgery unless it's medically necessary.
  • 1likeme
    by 1likeme
    I have had four vaginal births. I would never chose a c section because of all the possible complications. Not to mention the recovery from major surgery.
  • sweetieiv
    March 28, 2013 at 1:45 AM
    I think doctors who suggest having an elective c section are stupid and lazy. Also I have never had a c section but I have heard that the recovery can be more rough than vaginal birth.
  • kdloves.
    March 28, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I'm just curious, really. 

Quoting sissyboogs:

What are your reasons for considering an elective c-section? 

Personally, I would never want a c-section. With my first pregnancy, I was told I would have to have a c-section, and it scared the shit out of me. Thankfully, I was able to deliver both of my kids vaginally. 

• kmorales7690
    March 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM
    I would never opt for major surgery! All natural all the way!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN