Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
kdloves.
Having my first baby! Vaginal or C-Section? **ETA**
March 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM

ETA:***I DO NOT WANT to have an elective c-section. I'm planning on vaginal. I'm simply CURIOUS about others experiences***

Hey ladies :) 

Alright, so I'm having my first baby, (BOY!) due May 1st. I had my 35 week sonogram today, and met with my Doc. Long story short, she's giving me the option of having either a natural childbirth OR an elective c-section. I've been planning to go natural this whole time, but I'm curious about c-sections.

Have you had an elective c-section?

Would you?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM
    vaginal, do your research. I don't mean that in a rude way either.
  • sissyboogs
    March 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM

What are your reasons for considering an elective c-section? 

Personally, I would never want a c-section. With my first pregnancy, I was told I would have to have a c-section, and it scared the shit out of me. Thankfully, I was able to deliver both of my kids vaginally. 

• kdloves.
    March 28, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Oh, I have. Still seeing what people who've actually done it would say :)

Quoting Anonymous:

vaginal, do your research. I don't mean that in a rude way either.

• MilkLover0203
    I had one emergency cesarean and one planned. I did well with both. I've never had a vaginal birth though so I can't compare them.
  • babybelly25
    I had an emergency c-section with my dd and will have a scheduled c-section next Thursday for ds... if I had a choice, I would much rather go vaginal! Why have surgery if it isn't needed?
  • PhoenixsMommy10
    I've had 2 c-sections. Don't put your body through a major surgery unless it's medically necessary.
  • 1likeme
    by 1likeme
    I have had four vaginal births. I would never chose a c section because of all the possible complications. Not to mention the recovery from major surgery.
  • sweetieiv
    March 28, 2013 at 1:45 AM
    I think doctors who suggest having an elective c section are stupid and lazy. Also I have never had a c section but I have heard that the recovery can be more rough than vaginal birth.
  • kdloves.
    March 28, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I'm just curious, really. 

Quoting sissyboogs:

What are your reasons for considering an elective c-section? 

Personally, I would never want a c-section. With my first pregnancy, I was told I would have to have a c-section, and it scared the shit out of me. Thankfully, I was able to deliver both of my kids vaginally. 

• kmorales7690
    March 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM
    I would never opt for major surgery! All natural all the way!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts